Clear all

Poll - stuck between two divergent axes

28 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Wow, looks like the Epi is winning by a landslide! Thanks for all the input! I too think the Epi is a sweet looking axe, and the reviews I've read and heard have been outstanding.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Wow, looks like the Epi is winning by a landslide! Thanks for all the input! I too think the Epi is a sweet looking axe, and the reviews I've read and heard have been outstanding.

You are right !

Even the Spongebob Squarepants seems like he is looking at the Epi. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

I'm thinking of picking up a relatively inexpensive axe to modify and to add to available guitars.

Looking at those 2 guitars, I am not sure why you'd want to modify them? Both look great, and it seems that ideally, you'd want them both. My vote goes to the Epiphone, it's more versatile, both from the looks and the sound, unless of course you are into metal and you need an axe that looks the part. Tough choice...

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Epi, very nice for the money imo

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The only thing I was thinking of upgrading would be the pickups and controls. If I did the Epi I might look for 4-conductor wiring to do a Jimmy Page wiring system. If I go with the Hamer I would install Gibson pups.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I wouldn't change anything till playing with it for a while, getting familiar with it and then deciding what I wanted to add or subtract from its characteristics.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok... so I went on somewhat of a tangent! I got a deal I couldn't refuse on this sweet axe...

I am going to pick it up later today. This "V" is in the same mold (more or less) as the Explorer, so I got a rock-n-roll machine to play around with... I'll get better photos up shortly.

I'm still on the lookout for a Sheraton.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ok... so I went on somewhat of a tangent! I got a deal I couldn't refuse on this sweet axe...

I am going to pick it up later today. This "V" is in the same mold (more or less) as the Explorer, so I got a rock-n-roll machine to play around with... I'll get better photos up shortly.

I'm still on the lookout for a Sheraton.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
8) 8) 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

LOL -- the sickness has you.

and what's the story with the exercise mat?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think Vs are cool. Don't have one. I'd buy a V way before an Explorer.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I know... I know... I'll buy anything! ha!

The guy I bought it from had it on the mat. Not mine! Man, this guitar is LIGHT. The Explorer I had was very heavy, this is really light and has GREAT balance. You can't really play it sitting down, but it hangs well off your shoulders.

You know what, I don't think I've ever played such a BIG guitar before!!! Wow, I can only imagine the size of the Sheraton!

Anyway, nice guitar for the money. Wow, I really think you can't go wrong with a Korean-made Hamer. They are really excellent instruments. I would put this one above the Schecter's I've owned in terms of playability. Fit and finish favor the Schecters and the ESPs, but this plays very well.

Well, I need to SERIOUSLY clean this sucker, adjust the action down a bit and try to get it to intonate. It hasn't been played or set up in a long time.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Vs have an honorable history as blues guitars as well.

(Of course, I think any guitar's a blues guitar.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I must say, I played a Sheraton last night and was VERY impressed. The guitar was very well made and sounded great! I might need to look for a second-hand Epi. The new one at GC was $700+ !!!

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2