Clear all

Possibly Guitar Sales and Purchases

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok folks... as many of you know, I can't keep a guitar for more than 6 months... I'm going to possibly sell the following to finance a few additional purchases...

Squier '51
Gibson SG
ESP 400AT (Les Paul, goldtop)
Washburn WI66 w/ tremolo

I'm thinking that I can - with other money I had set aside for guitar - parlay these 4 guitars into 2 or 3 guitars. My dilemma:

I'm definitely getting a USA Stratocaster - possibly the Deluxe model, but perhaps a standard USA. I'd like to also pick up an inexpensive MIM Strat to modify and bang-around with... the last guitar is up for grabs...

I was thinking either a "pre-owned" Gibson Les Paul Classic ($1000-1100) or a PRS CE ($900 - 1300) or a Carvin California Carved Top ($700 - 1400) or ... just go with a newer USA Telecaster ($800) and pick up an amplifier (hybrid or tube).

I've played many LPs, but I was curious about the PRS CE guitars. They are bolt-on and don't have the birds, but they seem like very solid instruments.

Any thoughts? I'm basically recycling a bunch of guitars for 1, 2, or 3 replacements...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Dali:

Well, you know I am already interested in the 51!

And, I too am looking to sell/swap several guitars, maybe shuffle the deck a bit! I am not definitely selling/swapping all of these, but am interested in hearing if anyone is interested. I can post pictures, or email them to anyone interested, but I didn't want to bother putting them up if nobody is interested.

Here is what I have (those other than Dali can inquire also):

- A 2000 MIA Strat - not deluxe, its tobacco burst, maple neck. Could possibly be just what you are looking for?

- A 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard with 50s neck in cherry sunburst. I got this one in a going out of business sale - it was too good a buy to pass. I love this guitar, but not as much as my 1994 LP, so this one is expendable, for the right price.

- An Epiphone Sheraton II, in natural finish. Upgraded the pickups with GFS Retrotron Memphis pickups to get a "jangly" Rickenbacker sound.

- A Fender Telecaster HH - like yours Dali, in black, w/ DiMarzio pickups.

- A 2006 Agile 3000 Les Paul w/ P90 pickups in cherry sunburst.

- An Epiphone acoustic - I think its a 200 model, but can't remember and its not right in front of me. It is a solid beginner guitar - and cheap!

- A Squier Affinity Fat Strat w/ an upgraded Seymour Duncan Custom Custom bridge humbucker. The guitar is red.

Just too many to keep them all! And, I like trading, selling, etc. like you do! Let me know what you think (everyone else out there too!). :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Tell me about the Gibson and the Strat... I'm interested. Is the strat a two-tone burst? What pups?

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Okay, here they are Dali. If you are still interested after you read this, I can take more pictures:

1. The Strat. Here it is. The Neck and middle pickup up are stock. The bridge was replaced by the last owner. He couldn't remember what it is, but it sounds very good. He liked the black plastic cover on the bridge pickup, but he gave me a white one, if you don't like how it looks. There is a chip in the finish, on the edge where your picking arm would be, about 1/3 the size of a dime. Some minor swirls, etc. I can take more pictures if you are still interested. Comes with a Fender case.

2. The Gibson. In PERFECT condition. No case though. Looks even better in person.

If you are interested, I can come up with a cash price.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I like the looks of that Gibson. Probably out of my price range though! But, lay it on me.

The strat is nice, but probably not exactly what I'm looking for.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Anybody else interested? Let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

- A Fender Telecaster HH - like yours Dali, in black, w/ DiMarzio pickups.

Is that the '72 Telecaster Deluxe? Maple or rosewood board?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-72-Telecaster-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=511141

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

No mine is this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

Mine is black, w/ DiMarzio pickups. I can take a picture if you are interested.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

No mine is this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

Mine is black, w/ DiMarzio pickups. I can take a picture if you are interested.

Naw, don't bother. I'm not sure that I want / need another guitar but I do really like the looks of the '72 Tele Deluxe (two humbuckers) or the '72 Tele Custom (humbucker and bridge single tele pickup). I might have been swayed to buy that.

Thanks anyways.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dali, were you not the one who started the whole '51 squire fad last winter? Of course, I didn't bother to look back....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, I didn't start it, but I could be accused of fanning the flames... :twisted:

It was a nice run, but I'm focusing on slightly higher-end equipment now. The '51 I just sold to CFB and he'll have a great gigging guitar with it...

Plus, this now gives me an excuse to get another cheap axe and customize...

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I am a fan of the phrase "Play what you can afford." I have 8 guitars now and 3 basses. Some are definite beaters with wild intent to upgrade. Some were inexpensive gems (Agile AL-2000). Moderately inexpensive, but I still feel are quite nice gems (Gibson Faded Flying V and Schecter Hellraiser VII). I haven't paid more than $660 for one of my guitars and hope, unless I am a touring/gigging musician to never pay more than $750 - maybe $1000. I have played a $1500 Gibson and Ibanez and Don't know why they are that much more expensive. Maybe, it is a situation where you have to own it to appreciate it!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@squibb)

I'm also interested in a price for that Gibson if you haven't sold it yet :-D

"head in the clouds, feet on the ground"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

PM'd you with a price Squibb.

ReplyQuote