Clear all

Queen thread.......

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I have loved queen since I was a kid but I just started buying their cds with a nose dive of buying four all at once (they were on an offer) so I got Sheer Heart Attack, Self titled - Queen, News of the world and a night at the opera. I have almost heard all of it now...... wish I'd done it sooner.

My favourite song I had not heard before is definately King Rat, what about you guys? Do you like the band? Did you buy the albums? Maybe some here have seen them live......... so tell us all what you think about Queen.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Queen was one of my favorite bands, I had most of their albums and wore all of them out. Always liked Stone Cold Crazy, but there were so many others.

Brian May was one of my favorite guitar players

They have been showing a Queen concert from 1981 in Montreal on TV lately watched in a few times already.

Did get to see them in a small club here in CT and I had one of the best seats in the house it was an awesome concert.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Top quality merchandise.

Brighton Rock (from Sheer Heart Attack) just has to be one of the best guitar tracks of all time. The live version takes it stratospheric.

Prophet's Song - from Night at the Opera - is definitely (IMHO) infinitely better than Bo Rap.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@kc0bbq)
Eminent Member

I've got a copy of Greatest Hits on vinyl that I picked up in a record shop in Novosibirsk, Russia on a student exchange to the USSR in 1991 around here somewhere. The Soviet Melodiya label did a nice job pressing records.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Brighton Rock (from Sheer Heart Attack) just has to be one of the best guitar tracks of all time. The live version takes it stratospheric.

I'll drink to that! Always been a Queen fan - I remember hearing "Keep Yourself Alive" and "7 Seas of Rye" on the radio when I was in the 6th form, then someone brought the album into the 6th form common rom and put it on the old Dansette - I was hooked. Brian May isn't my fave guitarist of all time, though he is in the top 10 - but he does have the most uunique guitar sound, ever!

The only thing I don't like about Queen is that the guitar parts are so bloody hard to work out!

I wish I'd seen them live - the Mrs is a big fan, I bought her a couple of live DVDs a while back. I think I play them more than her.....

Fave song? Couldn't possibly narrow it down to less than about 10 or so....but maybe one day I'll be able to work out "Now I'm Here...." - THEN I'll be happy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Saw them at Live Aid back in the 80's. They were superb.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Haha damn all of you who got to see them! Ultra jealous......... my cousin got to see them a number of times, we lost her this year unfortunately :(

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote