Rick Springfield concert on HDNet

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

As the subject states...I watched that concert on TV tonight. I was impressed with his performance as well as the interaction with the audience. He had people up on stage, he went all over in the audience. He's a very good performer as well as an excellent guitarist, IMHO.

Anybody else have an opinion about him?

Ooops, maybe that isn't such a good idea. These have a tendancy to take sides.

Let's just say I enjoyed the concert and I think others would as well.

Thanks for reading. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@margaret)
Noble Member

I don't get that channel so missed the concert, but I was gaga over Rick Springfield at one time in my life........ :oops: And he appeared on that one soap for a while. Cute! 8)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Man, I haven't heard Rick Springfield's name in a long time. He used to have a couple of hits back in the 80's that my girlfriend used to like, and I thought they were good. It'd be interesting to see what his music is like now. Alot of people didn't take him too seriously because of his soap opera gig. General Hospital I believe it was?

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

but I was gaga over Rick Springfield at one time in my life........ :oops: Cute! 8)

Oh yeah, and all the girls thought he was sooo cool! :roll:

:lol:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

From the crowd reaction....he's still got it.

Plus, I think it was about 100 to 1 female to male ratio. That was all I saw was females and from about age 8 on up. There was one 1 year old boy that he actually held and hugged. He was strumming his guitar with bundles of flowers with petals showering everywhere. The crowd loved it.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I like one of his songs from 2004 called Jesus Saves (White Trash Like You). Classy Tune.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Don't recall the song title, but there was one rather ethereal song he had about the loss of his father. The last line was something like: "Now Daddy knows the Great Unknown". The tune was especially meaningful to me after I lost my dad to cancer in 1981. Spent some time in the headphones with Rick, even if he was a teeny-bopper. 8)

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I like one of his songs from 2004 called Jesus Saves (White Trash Like You). Classy Tune.

He did play that last night and it was one of the last songs of the night. The crowd loved it.

Margaret, that is so sad. I hope the music helped some. :(

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It is incredible that being extremely handsome could be a problem, but it was for Rick Springfield. He had problems being taken seriously as a musician because of his movie-star looks. But he really wrote some pretty great songs, and was a very good singer and guitar player.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

bish wrote: I hope the music helped some
Music is always the best medicine. :)

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

I always liked Rick Springfield and thought he was a good guitar player too. Back in the days when you could actually choose your own music if you were on the radio, I played quite a bit of his material.
It is incredible that being extremely handsome could be a problem, but it was for Rick Springfield. He had problems being taken seriously as a musician because of his movie-star looks.

His movie star looks didn't keep him from being taken seriously, rather it was his role on General Hospital. This was the early 80's when GH was all the rage on college campuses (maybe it still is?) - he played Dr. Noah something or other. Surely a soap opera actor couldn't possible be a legitimate musician? It was this that put off the "true rockers" of the day. Crazy, eh?

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The movie "hard to hold" didn't help any, either...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087384/

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

How true.

ReplyQuote