Clear all

Ringtones

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I thought that crazy frog was irritating, but that chirpy sweety bird....now it's even sneaked it's way onto GN!!!! I'm sick to death of hearing it every 5 minutes on TV...especially on music stations!!!! Time it retired and became a chicken casserole......

The battery is going in my doorbell, sounds like a strangled chicken... still infinitely better than that bloody bird!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Vic you have got to move into the professional leagues of browsers.

Get Firefox and block most of the stuff. Or get Norton Internet Security and be done with every ad everywhere.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

By the way Vic, did you read this?

The Popes piano won't fit into his new digs.

-snip-

Ratzinger, who apparently uses the piano to relax at times of stress, reportedly used to irk his neighbours by playing Mozart, Bach and Palestrina a little too loudly, according to German weekly Der Spiegel.

-snip-

Rock music is the vehicle of anti-religion? No, I think that's a mis-quote. He meant to say downloadable Ring-tones are the vehicle of anti-religion.

But give the man credit, he said this 20 years ago before cell phones were readily available.

And even if he meant it, if you remember the mid eighties, rock music was the vehicle of anti religion.

Ebony and Ivory
Bette Davis Eyes
Like a Virgin
Greatest love of all

1982 Grammy winners in the rock category:

Best Rock Instrumental Performance
Artist: Flock Of Seagulls (Mike Score, Frank Maudsley, Paul Reynolds & Ali Score)
Title of the Work: D.N.A

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
Artist: Survivor (Dave Bickler, Stephan Ellis, Jim Peterik, Marc Droubay & Frank Sullivan)
Title of the Work: Eye Of The Tiger

From 1981:

Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male
Artist: Rick Springfield
Title of the Work: Jessie's Girl
Artist Performing Work: Rick Springfield

and don't forget 1989's
Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
Artist: Michael Bolton
Title of the Work: How Am I Supposed To Live Without You

I think the Pope might have a point. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ah 1981....the year began with John Lennon at #1 with "Happy Xmas" - next week it was replaced by John Lennon's "Imagine" then a couple of weeks later by Roxy Music's excellent cover of Jealous Guy....then the day before my first daughter was born, guess what topped thecharts? Joe Dolce...Shaddap a your face.....aaaaaaaaargh! (nice coincidence...got married on Ringo's birthday...7th July '79.....first child born on George's birthday...25th Feb 81!!!!)

I also remember buying "you better you bet" by The Who, "Don't you touch me baby" by Motorhead & Girlschool and "Centerfold" - J.Geils Band - on the same day as I bought a Rubik's cube.....

10 Good things about the 80's.......

1 U2
2 Big Country
3 The Bitterest Pill by The Jam...think that was 81....
4 The Osmonds never had a hit the whole decade
5 The Donny & Marie show was never shown on British TV
6 Born In The USA
7 Flock of Seagulls split up after one hit
8 U2
9 Big Country
10 Live Aid

10 Bad things about the 80's.....

Where to start!!!!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

10 Good things about the 80's.......

Hey!! I was born in the 80's.. :D

Put me on the list! :o

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK Pamparius....you're in at #10....

And if Monsignor Ratzinger had played Mozart etc next door to me at a heavy volume, he would very soon have learned the riffs to Smoke on the Water, Paranoid and Paper Plane as my amp would have been pointing at his wall, cranked up to 10, gain up etc....

Well it works when my idiot neighbours start playing garage/hip-hop/rap or whatever it's called these days.....

:D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh and Nick....if I get Firefox, does that mean I have to think in Russian at my computer?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Vic

ReplyQuote