Clear all

Rock Dreams

38 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I didn't know where to put this one, and thought it would be fun.

I woke up Saturday morning after a crazy dream. I don't remember much about the begining, but I ended up in a donut shop with some people I didn't know. There was music playing in the donut shop, before it started someone said it was new Roxy Music. Then this song came on, swear to God, sounded like Roxy Music. Paul Thompson's drumming, Phil Manzanera's guitar, Andy Mackay sax solo, fast ripping guest bass, Brian Ferry's voice. It was this great, well-done, powerful hard-rocking song. Kind of like "Prarie Rose" or "Editions of You". Funny thing was the entire song was the music from the theme to "The High Chapparal". The problem is I can't get the song out of my head.

Next...

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

(@Anonymous)

Funny thing you should post a topic about rock dreams today. Last night I dreamed about Paul Kossoff (my all-time favorite guitar player) and uh... we were lovers :shock:

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol

yeah, I dreamt I was on stage with Clapton once. It was amazing. I woke up and was very dissapointed :P

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I've dreamt up original songs before. Either I write the lyrics and can't find the chords and melody to go with it. Then I dream a melody and wake up. Or I dream the lyrics and melody together and wake up and go "those lyrics are awesome, I'm so using them."

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i had 2 rock dreams, the first, i was on stage with ted nugent, the other motley crue 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

the only rock dream I've ever had was the audience throwing rocks... :roll:

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I had one months and months ago, but it's still pretty clear.

I was hanging out backstage with the Stones (well, Mick and Keith mostly) and we were watching last minute things being set and adjusted, then stroll over to another area and check it out. It had a casual feel to it, like I'd always hung out with them; like an old friend or something. M and K were talking quietly amongst themselves and then Mick steps closer and says "Well, you ready then?" and I realize that I'm supposed to be sitting in for Darryl Jones that night.

And so, as happens in dreams, I completely panic because I (of course) didn't have my bass. So I didn't have my bass and I'm thinking I'm left handed and I can't just go up and strap Darryl's bass on and play, plus I don't know if I know all the songs - just basically losing it. Then someone behind me says "Here mate, try this one then..." and I turn and Macca's sitting there on a huge coil of rope (I guess for the rigging), smiling plesantly as he holds his Hofner out to me.

I look at Keith and Mick and they don't seem bothered by any of this, and then I woke up.

The moral of the dream is, if you're dreaming about hanging out with a band, remember to take your own gear!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Last year I dreamt that I played the strings off a guitar I just bought at my local guitar store. I remember looking at the owner of the shop and telling him the guitar needs new strings. What the guitar was I can't remember. :(

In my dreams I can play so much better.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

A few years ago I had thre (no kidding) dreams I was the guitar player for YES. I was doing gigs with them, planning set lists, rehersings, watching Jon Anderson argue with the promoters. It was then I bought my first electric in years, and then started recording. It just inspired me in a weird way.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I had a rock dream once.

It involved looking in my Trick or Treat bag when I got home after Halloween. :x

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

hehehehe, your killing me bro, hahaha 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Bish - that is pretty darn funny :D

I used to have a dream about playing with the band that I was in at one of our friends farms (in Ill.) on this
huge elevated stage. We had all our "dream" gear.
We actually knew how to play.
AND - I could sing. :lol:

The song was always the same - Snowblind Friend

Still don't know what it means......
And I've still never played that song.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Last night I dreamed about Hendrix. He was on stage talking about his experience in the military. I usually never dream about guitar players, and the two times I did this week, none of them were actually PLAYING the guitar.

There goes the dream of ever seeing them play, literally. :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Last night before I fell asleep 'I met' Jimi Hendrix, it was pretty crazy. When I say "before I fell asleep" I mean, I wasn't sleeping, but I was awake. I heard some sounds that I haven't heard before, it was pretty weird. And then once I fell asleep I remember me and him talking, I don't know what we talked about though.

Hoping to meet him again tonight in my dreams, I don't care if it's real or not, lol. That was awesome.

I love Jimi Hendrix like a brother, I hope it's not weird to feel that way. I do. :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey Kevin, I think you've just experienced a hypnopompic hallucination, which occurs right before falling asleep or upon awakening. Don't worry it's normal. It's happened to me once, t'was pretty weird. It's truly amazing what the brain can do.

Oh and I completely understand how you feel because I feel the same way. Sometime it feels like I know these people (and it's easier to feel that way when they're dead, hah).

On a side note, I wonder how many people dream about Hendrix at any one time :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3