Rolling Stones (Updated with photos)

22 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Rolling Stones are playing in Madrid now. The concert is in a football stadium (Atlético de Madrid) and I live to 10 minutes walking to the stadium. Thus I can hear some of theis songs and also the Jagger's screams, on depending the wind... Now I'm hearing a guitar solo... :P

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nuno, PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call - just hold the phone outside the window.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL!

They finished 45' ago, more or less, with fireworks. I didn't recognize the songs in the first part of the concert, but I can hear very clearly (probably, the wind changed) "Satisfaction", "Paint it black", "Jumpin' Jack" and other old songs.

My sister was there and also a friend. Tomorrow I'll ask them and I'll send the review.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Man Nuno, you should have run down there & at least stood outside & recorded a bootleg for all your GN buddies! :P

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:D

I saw the Stones in Melbourne in the early 70s. I remember thinking that ticket prices were getting ridiculous and that if promoters didn't do something about bringing them down they'd kill the industry. :?

From memory the price was about Au$20 (around US$15 or about 8 pounds in English money) :D :D :D

Guess I was wrong about that!... :roll: :oops: :oops:

I recall thinking that they were getting too ambitious with the crowd numbers too. There was quite a crowd, at a venue that normally hosted tennis matches. Guess I was wrong about that too.. :wink:

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

That sounds about right. I paid something like an exorbitant US $17 in 1975 but shelled out over 90 the last two times I've seen them. (It was always worth it though!)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

The last time the Stones were worth anything, Mick Taylor was playing lead.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

They once came in Mumbai, India. Someday I will like to see them live. Did they play 'Ruby Tuesday' ?

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Man Nuno, you should have run down there & at least stood outside & recorded a bootleg for all your GN buddies! :P
:oops:

Oh! I'm sorry, you are right...

Ok! Let me see...

It sounded more or less so: Satiiiisfactiooon, na, naaa, na, na, naaaaaaa, na, na, na, na, na, na, naaa... :lol:

(I'm asking for some photos or videos. If I get some stuff, I'll post it.)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

If you are going to see them live, I suggest you hurry up! The boys aren't getting any younger.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

The last time the Stones were worth anything, Mick Taylor was playing lead.

I guess my enjoyment of them was therefore completely unjustified.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I saw this tour when they played Minneapolis, was it last year already???
I paid big bucks cause I wanted a great seat. it would be the only time I would ever see them.
I am glad I did. great energy and sound. Keith and Ron really like to pose on stage. I guess you call that showmanship.
they did many of the old greats and featured the new album. one tune had all three boys sliding. it was a bit much.
Ronnie got on a pedal steel. Mick has so much energy. he never stood still, but danced the whole show from end of the auditorium to the other.
the only thing that ruined it for me was all the beer drinking and cellphones. too many woohoos! and spilling briming cups of suds.
tokers are much mellower. but that is illegal and we did not do it there. shoulda tho. hosers bum me out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I think the increase in the cost of the tickets has a lot to do with increasing costs for the venue, advertising, insurance, wages of all the staff etc etc - anyway entertainers give so much enjoyment it's worth it, and most of them give a lot to charity - so my humble theory is go for it and enjoy!! I don't think age has much to do with diminishing talent or showmanship - Richard Thompson must be in his sixties and he rocked and was awesome all on is own when we saw him last year - he was really fit looking and may I say it quite sexy!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Don't want to rain on anyones parade but i saw that two people dismantling the Stones show in Spain fell from the scaffolding and were killed.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Don't want to rain on anyones parade but i saw that two people dismantling the Stones show in Spain fell from the scaffolding and were killed.
It is true. They suffered an accident while dismantling the stage. There is a third man in the hospital.

And here are the photos. The quality is not so good, sorry. These are my sister's photos. I'm waiting for another pack made by a friend.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2