Notifications
Clear all

Schecter guitar?

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@damarae)
Topic starter  

what is your opinion about schecter guitars in general. Good, bad, what? Because im looking at them for a new guitar but i dont know.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, I find them to be pretty well made guitars and they have some attractive guitars. I generally do not like 25 1/2" scale guitars. Therefore I avoided buying one. However, I did end up getting the C-7 Hell-raiser 7 string with 26 1/2 scale. I really like it. The basses are also very nice.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I've got a Schecter 12-string, electric. Very good guitar.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

97Reb,

Thats a killer looking guitar you have there. But, isn't the neck too fat for an electric ? I mean are you able to play fast solos or chord changes on it ?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I don't own one, but the Schecter guitars I've played at the music stores were very comfortable to play, and sounded really good. I've never heard any negative comments about them. Go try them out for yourself & see what you think. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Rahul, I am not much of a shredder anyway, but I can play pretty fast on this schecter. Yes the feel is different from my Gibson faded flying V and it is different from my Les Paul copy. I don't really "SHRED" on any of them. I play pretty fast though. I'll try and post some stuff soon. I am still working on my recording process.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I only have two: C1EA and C1+ that I forced Bish to sell to me. I don't have a pair of any other brand.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I only have two: C1EA and C1+ that I forced Bish to sell to me. I don't have a pair of any other brand.

Poor Bish... :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Eh, I survived to buy another one soon. :D

Thanks again, Nick. If you haven't auctioned that baby off to someone, you should be really enjoying it.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@vintagerocker)

I bought my first Schecter 5 years ago. I owned about 15 guitars at the time. Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez, and a few Epis. The C1+ vintage sunburst with flame maple cap, Grover keys, TonePros bridge, string-thru body and perfect balance and a price tag of some $500 made it a very easy aquisition. I now own 4 Schecters to include a C1 Elite in vintage white and Abalone trim on 3-ply vintage binding, abalone on neck and 12th fret and around the headstock. I put a Dimebucker in it, a Burstbucker #3 in the C1, a 490T in the Tempest Custom. My Schecter "335" is a one of maybe 12 in white and all gold hardware and a Bigsby trem system. I don't know of any knock or anything wrong in any way with my Schecter guitars. I don't care where it was made. They are very solid guitars and have dealt with hdq out in Burbank and they are some nice folks. Schecter used to be right here in Dallas/Fort Worth. You may have noticed that I've changed out the bridge pickups and that's for a reason. I had to make them sound like me and maybe, and not true with my Schecter "335", the pickups in it are fine, maybe the output leaves something to be desired. But as they say 'right out of the box'. awesome guitars. They will remove panties with the best of them. This was written with 30 years of "I should know".

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I own the Schecter C1EA and I love it. It is currently the one I love playing the most. Its a little heavy (of course I am comparing it to my acoustics, DUH) but the neck is so comfortable. When my guitar teacher plays it, it sounds so smooth and I cannot wait to make it sound that way myself.

I would say for the price you cant knock it.. but really for a lot more money than they charge.. you still couldnt knock it.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I think they have attactive guitars, but when it came time to buy one the Epi LP Standard easily beat it for tone & playability.

Just my opinion & what I was looking for.

ReplyQuote