Clear all

Show us your Les Pauls!

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I thought a thread for pics of Les Pauls and Les Paul clones was in order since I was photographing my LP's this morning. I'll start it off.

My Gibsons

The "money" shot

Gibson Les Paul Special Humbucker

Gibson Les Paul Studio ......... Gold hardware, ebony board 1992

My beloved Epiphone Les Pauls Honey and Blackie

Honey

Blackie .... obviously :lol:

The Agile AL collection

Al2500 Honey Sunburst

Al2000 Goldtop with P90's

Newest addition AL3000 Prestige Cherry Sunburst

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Good ones TR!

My little Paula:

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Since you said clones are allowed, here's mine:

It's a Japanese El Degas from sometime in the '70s.
And I think it's actually heavier than a real Les Paul.

Must be extra dense glue in the plywood body :?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My favorite, the 2005 Custom.

And then the 2008 Honeyburst. Notice the different coloring from this one to next year's version that TR has. I like his better.

And finally, the pair sitting downstairs beside my Jet City combo.

No mods on the '05 other than strap locks and a new toggle.

The '08 was bought used, using funds from an SG sale, for the purpose of installing some Seymour Duncans in it. It also has, of course, a new toggle. That's my MO for any guitar with a toggle. Break it within a year. I think I'm running 100%. I digress. It's also the only one I have left running .11s. Everything else is back to .10s.

The real crime of the honeyburst is that the guy that bought it did so in hopes of learning to play. It was set up horribly. I got it, the stand, a HSC and a bit of case-candy for under $300. It set up fine. I had it nearly perfect just lowering the string height at the saddle.

Being my sort of experimental LP, it would be the one to get a piezo system added to it should I finally decide to spend the green.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Gorgeous guitars all around. My favs have to go to tr's Gibson Lp studio in black and gold and Roy's Epi lp custom. Here's mine. Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Limited Edition so Im told

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

GSS, if we had one of those funny owner & guitar shots where the owner looks like the guitar, like they do with dogs or cats and their owners, I would with yours. All my gray hair with touch of darkness in it - OK, so mostly in the beard - giving a glipmse of previus hair color.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That would be a great blues man name ........Silverburst Parker. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That would be a great blues man name ........Silverburst Parker. 8)

Y'know, being the same hair colour as Roy - mostly grey - I might just steal that name. Silverburst Lewis....hmmmm......

I've only ever had one LP, but it was a nice one....an Epi LP Special. Bought it in 2005, got it cheap off one of the guys I used to jam with - even took it to Texas with me!

but then I bought a Telecaster and all my other guitars just sort of got neglected and/or sold.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And may I just add, I have no prejudice whatsoever against LP's - I just prefer the feel and playability and the singlecoilness of the Telecaster. But here are three of my all time fave songs - and they all feature the lead guitarist playing an LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuxb-m4-ng - great riff, great solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4 - man, what a beautiful tone! Great intro, great solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7LzOeTkfM - Akkerman makes that LP SING!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

If I were to want an LP I'd get an Esp/Ltd Eclipse. Preferably with active EMG's. I hear they are pretty well rounded guitars. I have no idea when I can buy another though. Out of work with a child on the way....

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

And may I just add, I have no prejudice whatsoever against LP's - I just prefer the feel and playability and the singlecoilness of the Telecaster. But here are three of my all time fave songs - and they all feature the lead guitarist playing an LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuxb-m4-ng - great riff, great solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4 - man, what a beautiful tone! Great intro, great solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7LzOeTkfM - Akkerman makes that LP SING!

Vic
They do sound nice don't they? :wink: When I think Les Paul sound, one of the first things that comes to mind is this. The video quality is poor but if you want to hear a pair of Les Pauls kicking A and taking names .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_FWODwns8&feature=related

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Cool pic! I have heard that Les hated the SG and made them take his name off of it.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It was only a LP signature model for a year before Gibby renamed it SG. While Les Paul supposedly didn't like it all that much, he admitted requesting his name/endorsement be removed due to some financial finagling he was doing during his divorce from Mary Ford. Kind of a shrewd guy that way.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Here's my collection...

And my first...the EPI

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2