Notifications
Clear all

Signature Guitars?

25 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

My only issue with signature guitars is I would only be able to play songs on it by that artist. It's not so much the limitations of the guitar as it is my brain. For example, if I got the Avril Lavigne Telecaster, I'd only be able to play Avril songs on it, even if it was capable of other stuff. Now if I bought the Steve Vai signature Ibanez I'd be screwed. I can't play anything of his.

Oh my. I can envision you with an Avril Lavigne Telecaster. That would be so HAWT!!!!!!!111111!!!!

<Moonrider runs for the hills before she can start throwing sharp things at him>

Seriously though, it's basically an Esquire with a bucker where the single coil usually is and no tone pot. A no-frills plank like that can be tons of fun, and do wonders for learning how to use picking technique and fingers for tonal variation.

You can always change the pickguard.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

My only issue with signature guitars is I would only be able to play songs on it by that artist. It's not so much the limitations of the guitar as it is my brain. For example, if I got the Avril Lavigne Telecaster, I'd only be able to play Avril songs on it, even if it was capable of other stuff. Now if I bought the Steve Vai signature Ibanez I'd be screwed. I can't play anything of his.

Oh my. I can envision you with an Avril Lavigne Telecaster. That would be so HAWT!!!!!!!111111!!!!

<Moonrider runs for the hills before she can start throwing sharp things at him>

Seriously though, it's basically an Esquire with a bucker where the single coil usually is and no tone pot. A no-frills plank like that can be tons of fun, and do wonders for learning how to use picking technique and fingers for tonal variation.

You can always change the pickguard.

I kinda like the pickguard. But I was using that as an example. Now this siggy I would actually buy:

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0301005506

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Avril and ska?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Avril invented ska.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Avril invented ska.
Avril Lavigne wasn't born when ska was "invented" - it was around in Jamaica in the 50's and was the precursor to reggae.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

But Avril is above meagre concepts like temporality.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

yeah! tempor ... tempor ... tempo ... uh, whatever Scrybe said is so like complic8ed

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

you like totally forgot the rock hands, Greg! :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I wish that I could sign someone's guitar soon...

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I have to somewhat agree with you on this one. I think my brain would do the same thing with me. I was checking out my Musician's Friend catalog and got looking at the LTD KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature Series. Man, all I'm gonna want to play on that guitar is Metallica songs. The price makes me drool a bit too, $469. My local guitar store was trying to sell me a Steve Vai sig for the longest time and was like, NAH. I tried a Dimebag signature and didn't like the feel of it. My favorite is the Epi LP Black Beauty Wes and Nils GN signature.... or should be. :wink:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2