Clear all

Signature pictures

89 Posts
44 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Mine is just a random animated gif I found on t'internet.

I have thought about changing it for a pic of me or maybe my gear but I've become quite attached the the little green haired fella. I'm sure I'd miss him if I changed him. He keeps pretty good time too.

I do on occasion change it for something topical - like the St Georges Cross on St Georges Day and during the World Cup, the Stars and Stripes might make a guest appearance next week :wink: but I always revert back to the green haired rocking dude. :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I've changed mine to a quick sketch I did at the river down the road, Tweed RIver - it's a constant source of sustenance with it's ever changing mood impressions - I'll keep that for a while, cheers all

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I've changed mine to a quick sketch I did at the river down the road, Tweed RIver - it's a constant source of sustenance with it's ever changing mood impressions - I'll keep that for a while, cheers all

That's very impressive. Nice work!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Bish, much appreciated :)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I would second that praise. Very nice sketch there. We do have some real 'artists' out here.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh and this was #1 The album cover from Live peace in toronto by The Plastic Ono Band. Just pure RocknRoll

You like that, Rod, you'd LOVE this......

It's the same music as the album, but includes an interview with Yoko and four extra songs - Bo Diddley, Hound Dog, Johnny B Goode and Lucille. Yep, that's Rock and Roll alright!

When we were on the plane to Texas a couple of years back - over a 10-hour flight - I didn't fancy any of the in-flight movies, so I thought I'd listen to some music on my lap-top. Imagine my delight when I found I'd left "Live Peace" in said Laptop.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Grrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

I've never seen that before. Where on earth did you get it from can you co"copy"ugh it :wink: :D :)

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Violet, I like that sketch, too! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Rahul and Ricochet! I've been honing my skills on a Distance Education Course - with Curtin UNiversity of Western Australia - it's very interesting and well put together - doing studies and leading up to producing contemporary art - Conceptual etc final works - it's keeping me sane - there's even a few students from Canada and a guy from somewhere in the Desert of USA doing the Course.

Well done with your son Ricochet - it's very inspiring - my son has a few disabilities but he has a few other strengths to make up for it - he's becoming very good at drawing and movie making at school, and his dream is to one day get a nomination for the Oscars- it's not too far fetched as there have been a couple of Aussie's who've won an Oscar for their animation - anyway it's good to have dreams. :)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I enjoy everyone's avatar. I changed mine recently to this animated dog. since I am dogbite it caught my eye.
I am considering dumping it as it gets annoying. my original avatar was a photo of my two first lap steels from pre WWII and my old 1958 Gibson amp.
my user name came from a favorite Neil Young song.
'dogs that lick and dogs that bite....
why do I keep f%*%$$* up'.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Thanks, Violet! You probably already know my son's real love is drawing and painting; the modeling's just a nice gig that's popped up for him. He gave me for Father's Day a cool charcoal drawing he'd done for a class when he was in school. Looks like a duck in a cage or crate. Got to get my daughter to spray it with fixative so I can get it framed.

Best wishes to your son! Hope he gets that Oscar! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

My first avatars were Beatles album covers from the gallery on this website. The next one was of a Strat similar to mine. The current picture is of me during Kansas City's attempt to break the Guinness World Book of Records for the number of guitarists playing "Smoke On The Water."

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

<----------------- Latest one is Foghorn Leghorn from Looney Toons.

''Listen kid, I am, I'd say, I am a chicken.''

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

My current avatar is "Young Spanish Woman with a Guitar" painted in 1898 by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. It hangs in the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.

Here is a larger version if you'd like to see it in more detail:

http://www.renoir.org.yu/gallery.asp?id=209

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks again Ricochet! Hope your son continues to do well, the modeling is a good sideline to have while he concentrates on his art work without having the pressure of having to sell work, and learning how to get on with all types of people and so on, best :)

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6