Notifications
Clear all

So - just WHERE do you practise?

49 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Well I used to practice in the house at the top of the stairs in front of my computer.
Then whenever anybody came round we would practice around the dining room table, but then the drums arrived and something had to be sorted out.
My garage at the time was full of junk and tools and was rarely ventured into so having found a new store for the tools and after throwing out the junk I started about turning the garage into a studio. The trouble was then, when to stop, as it just seemed to run away with me.

Here are some pictures of the newly renovated garage. Sorry about the quality of them, I don't understand whats gone wrong here with my camera. Its usually very good.

The keyboard I hasten to add is not mine, they belong to Chris my brother, (Dogsbody)

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Very nice indeed! And all finished off too. Real flooring, recessed lighting, molding ........ my "Man Cave" is a little rustic. Still going with the subfloor, got some caulking, painting and wood work to do. Oh yeah, and your studio looks classy ...... the Man Cave is tacky. :lol: I do intend to finish it better some day but I shot the budget on the pool table and right now I'm saving for the high definition television for the wall. How do you heat yours?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Wow, that's a beautiful space you have there - congratulations....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Rodders ... please tell me that pic from outside isn't new! PLEASE .... cause this is what it looks like in my back yard now

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What?
No satellite TV (dish)?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

TR, is that chair in the garage for when you mis-behave? A little time-out place?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nah! Thats the time out for the chair as punishment for being broken. :lol: Poor old barn has seen better days. Think of the studio it would make if it weren't falling apart. By the way, there is a lot more snow out there now after the past couple of days. My back hurts from shoveling and I am cold. :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nah! Thats the time out for the chair as punishment for being broken. :lol: Poor old barn has seen better days. Think of the studio it would make if it weren't falling apart. By the way, there is a lot more snow out there now after the past couple of days. My back hurts from shoveling and I am cold. :cry:

Cold weather. Ugh! I hear ya! I was just outside getting my mail and talking to a neighbor. I felt like I needed a jacket after only 10 minutes. :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Whats this Vic.
Doesn't look much like a non smokers table to me mate

Or is it an old picture?

:lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Uh oh Vic ...... BUSTED!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Told you - I've quit trying to quit. Don't have the willpower, and do have a lot of stress. That room's where I escape to when I'm stressed out - which is pretty much all the time - and what do smokers do when they need to calm down? Light up...

I'll give up one of these days, but it'll be when I'm a lot calmer and more centred than I'm currently feeling...

Hey, what about you, Rodders? Are you still a smokeless zone? Hypnotherapy, wasn't it?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I know what you mean Vic.

The nicotine does have a calming effect. As for me, well I smoke about three a week. God knows why ? I don't need them !
But its been 21 months since I stopped and didn't have a fag for about 16 of those months.
I guess its just that old habits die hard, or maybe I need some more hypnotherapy for the final leg of my journey to becoming a completely clean person again.
Having said that, three a week ain't all that bad and can it really do me any more harm than I've already caused myself ?

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Sweet guns and leg lamp. Too much Miller Lite stuff though...

Ain't nothing wrong with Miller Lite!

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@nickr)
Eminent Member

Ain't nothing wrong with Miller Lite!
Haha, It's not has good as Bud.

My Recent Tracks
http://imagegen.last.fm/nick9/recenttracks/nickroberts.gif

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4