Skip to content
So which band have ...

Notifications
Clear all

So which band have you seen the most times?

49 Posts
39 Users
0 Likes
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

You know, I've been thinking lately about attempting a list of bands I have seen. This seemed like a good time.

The Guess Who, Gypsy, Alice Cooper, Flo and Eddie, Ted Nugent (Amboy Dukes), The New Cactus Band (Thee Image), White Witch 2X, Ace, Yes, Climax Blues Band, Edgar Winter 5X, KC & the Sunshine Band 2X, Natalie Cole, Starcastle, Photomaker, Blue Oyster Cult (the night they recorded "Some Enchanted Evening"), Angel 2X, Jethro Tull 2X, Van Halen, Journey, Montrose 2X, Lene Lovich, Def Leppard, Ramones, X, Devo, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Rush 3X, UFO, Pat Travers 2X, The Babys, Molly Hatchet, Mahogany Rush, Mother's Finest, Humble Pie, Sonic Youth, Firehose, Seven Seconds, Youth of Today, Bad Brains, Ray Charles, The Moody Blues, Stone Temple Pilots, Game Theory, Robin Trower, Steppenwolf, Los Lobos, Stevie Stilletto and the Swithcblades 2X, King Crimson, The California Guitar Trio, Grand Funk, The Doobie Brothers, Kool and the Gang, Alison Kraus and Union Station, Chicago, Hall and Oates, Dwight Yokham, Todd Rundgren's Utopia, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Red Red Meat, Smashing Pumpkins, Mountain, Aberdeen City, Rasputina, Tom Jones 2X, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis and the News, Styx 2X, Little Richard, BB King, The New Cars, Steve Miller, Heart, Earth Wind & Fire, Merle Haggard, Tommy James and the Shondells, Denny Laine, Joey Moulland, Melanie, Iron Butterfly, Eric Burdon, George Clinton P-Funk All Stars 2X, Ringo Starr's All Star Band (Edgar Winter, Rod Argent, Sheila E., Richard Marx, Billy Squire), The Zombies, Johnny Rivers, Loretta Lynn 2X, The Rolling Stones, Ian Hunter and Mick Ronson, Geogre Benson, Dave Brubeck, Ravi Shankar. I know there are alot more punk bands to put on the list, due to working in a punk club and playing in a punk band.

I arrived at Camper Van Beethoven and Dixie Dreggs (2 different shows) as they said goodnight and walked off the stage.
Phillip Glass (not a rock concert, but I did get his autograph).
I have "missed" Pink Floyd 5X, and refuse to see them until they are all four together.
And...I still have the unused ticket for Black Sabbath, Van Halen, and the Ramones at the Omni in Atlanta Halloween 1978
(which was cancelled.)

(Should I include Billy Grahm and Pope John Paul II?)

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Oenyaw,

Impressive list. I've seen many of the same bands plus the hundreds I can't remember that I saw when I worked at a rock venue for a few years. I saw so many good ones while I was there it's hard for me to remember them all.

The last one was a few months ago Santana..I've seen him at least three times now.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

I haven't seen many bands multiple times.

So far:

Simple Minds 3x
After this Saturday The Who 2x
A week on Friday Snow Patrol 2x
A week on Sunday The Rolling Stones 2x.

I think that's it, although I have a nagging doubt I've missed a couple.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I remembered during my lunch break run to Wal-Mart.

The O'Jays, Mojo Nixon, L7, Sheryll Crow, The Impotent Sea Snakes (if you ever get the chance...), Eric Clapton, Queen + Paul Rodgers, and Robert Fripp on his Frippertronics tour.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Aerosmith first in 1984, then a few more times in the 90s.
Melissa Etheridge after every album, but maybe not for every tour.
Chicago 4 times, once from the 2nd row.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Wow, Oneyaw...you have seen a LOT of bands. Its amazing you remember all of them too.

Haven't seen any English one. But I have seen some Indian performers live. My recent one was by Mr. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, in March. It was very nice. Persian and Arabian music really hits the soul.

Whats more, the leader of the ruling party, (and her much celebrated Gandhi family ) was present at the show - Sonia Gandhi. And I was sitting only 10 levels above her. Felt some VIPness at that time, lol. :D

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I actually have a cd with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. The soundtrack to Bandit Queen. Great singer. Seeing Ravi Shankar was an unbelievable event. I had heard he was retired from performing for a few years. I happened to be in Melbourne, FL visiting my sister and her husband. We had spent the previous 2 months working out all the closing details after our father's death. It was her husband's birthday and we went to an Indian restaurant. On the way out, I happened to see a flyer about the concert. Ravi and Anoushka were going to be playing across the street in an auditorium in 2 weeks! He was absolutely fantastic. The definition of the term "virtuoso." I studied sitar for about 8 months, and my instructor was a student of one of his students.

It's that 6 degrees of separation thing, you know.

Glad to have you on the board.

(I hope this little personal blurb didn't upset the mood of the thread.) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Shawn Phillips...three times in the late 70's. He did a very high tech solo show for those days. 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Dave Mathews - 6 times.
He was always the opener for the bands I went to see - then Mel (my former wife), That's her Favorite.... SO

The Band - 5 times, plus Rick Danko solo once.

Neil Young 3 times - Twice with Crazy Horse, once acoustic.

Bob Dylan twice.

John Fogerty twice

Ten Years After - Once with the original band, once just Alvin Lee solo.

I think that's it for the repeats.
I've seen countless other bands and artists just once.

I'd have to say that the BEST band I ever saw in concert would have to be The Water Boys.

Ken

EDIT - Buddy Guy twice

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Cool thread...

I've seen Rush 7 times. Going to see them again in June here in Connecticut.

I've seen Van Halen 5 times and Maiden 3 times.

Alan - you are my hero... you saw Iron Maiden "back in the day" - those must have been some "interesting" shows...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Yea, this is a great thread. Me? I've never been to a concert. But I'm going to see Roger Waters (bass of Pink Floyd) on July 9th and mayyyyybe BB King on August 1st.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

The only band I've ever seen more than once is Clapton (twice). Yeah, I don't get out much.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

My top four in decending order...

Frank Zappa (at least 20x)
Aerosmith (15+)
Pink Floyd (4x)
Joe Satriani (4x- 1st time was in a small bar in NYC called the Bootom Line. He played with Stuart Hamm and I think Jonathan Mover)

Without giving it allot of thought....I've seen...Ozzie (with Randy Rhodes), Black Crowes, Motorhead, Iron Maiden (warming up for Judas Preist), Yes, Rush, Queen, ZZ Top, Edgar Winter, CCR, Alcatraz(??-w/a very young Yngvie Malmstien) Ted Nugent, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Kiss, Alice Cooper.

I'm off to see Dream Theater in August..can not wait. Taking my son. Will be his first concert.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I've only seen one group more than one time and that is 38 Special. Saw them 2 times.
Some of my favorite concerts: Boston, Motley Crue, and Jackyl. I've probably seen 20 to 25 bands in concert over the years. If I would've had more money the number would be higher. No complaints tho, I had FUN!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Yea, this is a great thread. Me? I've never been to a concert. But I'm going to see Roger Waters (bass of Pink Floyd) on July 9th and mayyyyybe BB King on August 1st.

Kevin, I saw him last year in Madison Square Garden. I have to say...it was most likely the best concert I have ever seen. Enjoy yourself. Its a great show!!!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4