Skip to content
So which band have ...

Notifications
Clear all

So which band have you seen the most times?

49 Posts
39 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

was thinking about T-Heads/David Byrne, Lyle Lovitt ... but then realized it would be David Hodge in many and various bands over the last nearly-30 years: too many times to count.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member

Thgis will severely date me and "slot" me...but going back to the late 50's and ending in the mid-80's, the acts I saw live the most times were:
Johnny Cash, 5 times
Buck Owens, 4 times
Merle Haggard, 4 times
I do like Rock and Blues too...just never enough to see each act more than twice....

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Marillion (with Fish only) 5 times including twice in a week April 83 on the Script tour (Had tickets for Manchester but was visiting Gran in Scotland and talked my cousin in to going to see them in Dundee as he was a big Genesis fan!)
Proclaimers 5 (including the Boardwalk in 87ish as they were breaking and last about 2 years ago in Leeds)
Van Morrison 3x
Bowie 2x (Serious Moonlight and Glass Spider)
Beck 2x (Odelay and Midnite Vultures)
ACDC 2x (Those about to Rock and Razors Edge)
Also got on stage with Meat Loaf at Manchester in 84 during Paradise... and high fived and strummed Meat's guitar!!!

Plus loads of other 1 night onlys through the 80s!

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

No question the answer is Rush whom I've seen a dozen times.

The first time that I saw them they were backing up Blue Oyster Cult. I'm not sure but I think that may have been the only time I've seen them play By-Tor and the Snowdog in its entireity. Alex still had the hair and everything.

Another time I saw them in a small place in Boston The Orpheum Theatre. Just as Alex was getting ready to play the solo from Xanadu, the power went off! Nonetheless, they did three encores to that show and the crowd was beyond fanatical. Finally at the end of the third encore Geddy just sort of laughed and said "We'll be back Boston!"

I still have the t-shirt from the 1976 Farewell to Kings tour.

Yes, I am a fan boy. :)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Status Quo, for me - saw them six times in the 70's, four times in the 80's, twice in the 90's and so far, three times in the 00's....fifteen in total.

Which brings up another point - I've watched them in four different decades, possibly someone's seen, for example, The Stones (Teleplayer perhaps?) in FIVE different decades....anyone?

So who have YOU seen the most times?

:D :D :D

Vic
Not quite 5 decades Vic but I have seen at least one show on every tour since 1972

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

The only band I've seen more than once is Korn. I don't even like them that much. :?
Oh wait, I've seen the Machine (Floyd tribute band) twice too, maybe three times.... They're pretty darn good, but I'd still love to see the real thing sometime...

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I "think" I've seen Frank Zappa, four or five times.......very fuzzy thoughts.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Others:

Jeff Beck-7 times
Clapton- 9 times
Police - 2 times
BB King - over 10 not sure exactly
Buddy Guy- 9 times
ZZ- 14 times
SRV- 2 times
Santana- 7 times
Bob Marley- 5 times

so many others I can't think of off the top of my head
Looking back at this list I can only think of one thing to say "I am a dinosaur"

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Hey, Vic,
Do opening acts count?
If so, it's probably J. Geils Band :oops:
There was a stretch where it seemed like they opened for everybody!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Box,

You're right I've ssen them a few times myself and didn't even remember. I did see them as a headliner when they played with Golden Earring.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

The majority of my concert attendance was in the late 80's and that time period is a little blurry to me now, but I think I have a 5 way tie at 2 times apiece.

Rush - Vapor Trails in 2002 and Snakes & Arrows 2007
Van Halen - OU812 in '88? and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge in 90 or 91 (with a relatively unknown Alice in Chains opening)
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation in '86 and Pump in '88
Cinderella - Night Songs '87 and Long Cold Winter '88
Motley Crue - sometime in the mid 80's and 1990

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

One I just remembered - back in 1975, me and a mate went to see the opening night of Nazareth's UK tour, Empire Theatre in Liverpool. The following night we went to Manchester and saw them again. Two nights later they played Preston - about 25 miles away, as opposed to the 15 miles (25mins train journey) to Liverpool and Manchester. We met up with friends, went for a drink or few and missed the last train home! (Couldn't find the Station!) We managed to hitch a lift part-way home, but still got in about 5am, soaked to the bone. I had to get changed, get breakfast and catch the 7.30 train to work!

Needless to say, we didn't see them again that tour.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Did someone say Duran Duran ?/??

I suppose I can't talk when I was a teenager I went to Kiss concerts 4 times in Australia ,

Followed by the shame of this ABBA 2 times ..

Got some creds back when I went to Dylan concerts x 2 ..

Lost all cred when Smokie came over went there 3 times

I want to see AC/DC but they never come home anymore ....

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

U2, 6 times, all at the First Union Center in Philly...

June 11, 2001
November 2, 2001
May 14, 2005
May 22, 2005
October 16, 2005
October 17, 2005

I did that from memory

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

snip...impressive list ...

Wow - that's some list. Just have to say: Hey Oenyaw CAN YOU HEAR ME ?? :D :wink:

And CitiZenNoir: The Band 5 times + Danko ... - now that makes me envy you :cry:

Me? I'm a lousy concert goer. But I think Ive seen Bob Dylan all the times he's been to Oslo for the last decade or so. 5 times maybe? oh and I saw Macca back in ...1993?

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4