Clear all

Some photo's of Katrina

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Still in doubt whether I should post it, but I guess it's ok. Three photo's taken of Katrina. No damage, human beings or whatever is on the pics but it is still pretty scary. Never saw anything like this and it kinda changed my picture of what that thing was like, fellow uneducated persons might like to see them as well.

(@banre)
Reputable Member

I live in Mobile, AL. In the last two years, I've seen both Ivan and Katrina, as well as the side of Dennis. Hurricane's look nothing like this. A day or so before the storm, the wind starts to gust. Just feels sort of like a blustery fall day. Then the drizzle starts. All of this slowly builds up. It's not a "OMG HERE IT COMES!" kinda thing. As the storm gets closer, the winds and rain gradually increase.

Truth or Fiction is a site that tracks internet rumours and truths. They declare this pics to be false.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hurricane-katrins-pix.htm

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Great, now I'm GN Moron of the Month. Back to what I originally thought... :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Great, now I'm GN Moron of the Month. Back to what I originally thought... :oops:

No No, not at all man. It's insane how the rumours have been flying around. I'm originally from Louisiana and have a lot of personal time and interest invested in the New Orleans area, as well as all of the Gulf Coast.

Another thing that I think most people should really take a read at is here:
http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tporleans/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tporleans/archives/2005_09_26.html#082732

Articles from New Orleans' own paper. Bascially, it says that the national and international media have ran with the stories of rape and murder that really aren't true. I think it's important for the word of this to get out.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow interesting stuff. Arjen I just saw those pictures you posted last week and I thought they were amazing and not really what I would have expected from a hurricane.

Banre, I've been reading a lot lately about how all that stuff was way overrated, but the article I read went something like"there was really only about 10 deaths in the Astrodrome and only three or so were murders"

Maybe that's alot lower than what was originally reported but to have had three people murdered in the Astrodome during the middle of such a huge crisis kind of blows my mind.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Arjen,
there are so many "fakes" on the internet, you never really know when to trust something or not. A few months ago, there was a lot of activity on fora about this picture of a surfer, at the bottom of a large wave, and in the middle of the wave was a shark - only it was a dolphin.

http://www.surfshooter.com/DolphinInfo.html

Unless you've been unfortunate enough to be in a hurricane, you've no good idea of how it really looks, on the ground. Same with sharks..........

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol... Who makes pictures and says they are from a tragic event.

Arjen, you gullible man. Kidding, I wouldn't have known either. Actually, I looked at them and thought "WOW!! I hope the guy that took those got outa there!" and then I read the rest of the posts.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Those pix would make great screen savers. :o

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

The last photo looks more like a mid-western storm with the shelf cloud and tornado about to bust loose. I'm not familiar with how the crops of the south look but the field in the photo looks like soy beans?

Speaking of bogus photos from tragic events. I'm sure most of you remember the photo of the dude that supposedly was on WTC tower observation deck when the American Airlines plane hit it. Had a photo of him with the skyline in the back ground and a 767 ready to hit the tower. I had a hard time believing it when I first saw it given the fact that nothing bigger than a door knob was ever found.

Crazy what people do for kicks though.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Does anyone like my cartoon?

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Does anyone like my cartoon?

I....don't.....get.....it. :?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I could spell it out for you, but then the moderators would give it some sort of disclaimer and people would tell me I should be more subtle...

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Muse,

And I thought that shark picture was real!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

:lol: I like your sense of humor. It is so true though.

Wonder why Duhbya was so present for Rita? (rhetorical question)

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:lol: I like your sense of humor. It is so true though.

Wonder why Duhbya was so present for Rita? (rhetorical question)

(rhetorically speaking) i have no idea what you mean

some of those do look like pics i've seen of large tornados that have come thru the midwest. i used to bowl with a gal whose husband was one of those storm chaser guys like in the movie "Twister"
he turned me onto these pics
http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/nebraska/june2004hastings-mammatus.html

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2