Clear all

Sometimes it is the little things....

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

So my Jet city combo had a flickering light. I emailed them and had one in my mailbox within a couple of weeks. They said that they were having problems with a batch and would send one to me if I didn't mind soldering. A couple Months have past, but I finally got around to changing it this past Sunday.

Today, with no announcement, nothing on the web site and nothing in the package explaining why was another jewel light. (or gem light? I don't know the exact term) No reason for getting a different one or why it was packaged different than the last one, etc. The best I can figure out is that they were having a problem with this batch as well. So far so good, and it's only a few bucks, but they still had no obligation to send me another light. I doubt I will ever hesitate to suggest one of their amps if it's the type of thing you're after. Get this. They know I bought it used - because you couldn't find new ones at the time - and they are still giving good customer service. :shock: :shock:

Oh, and this thing can rock out at reasonable levels as well as mellow out to some pretty, jazzy chord tones out of my LP. One channel with gain, master, reverb, presense and the eq trilogy all out of a 12 inch speaker at a reasonable 20W. I need to get my son to heft this thing upstairs and record some samples. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@apache)
Reputable Member

Wow - that sounds like very good customer service - specially as they know you'd got it 2nd hand too! :-)

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

That just doesn't happen. Next time I'm shopping for a tube amp, I definitely will give Jet City a look!

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats cool Roy. When I posted kudos here to Musicians Friend for sending me the free speaker stands they actually sent me an E-Mail for the post thanking me and wanting to send me some swag. Unfortunately I didn't find the E-Mail til it was a month old so I told them that it was OK. They are watching us! :shock: :lol: Hey there!

I work for MF and saw your post (found this email through your profile on Guitar Noise). I'd like to say thanks for the awesome post:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49523

Can I send you some swag as my way of saying thanks?

Cheers!

Justin Henry Ross

Customer Experience Task Force

[email protected]

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, if Jet City is watching, I'll be glad to demo anything of theirs that they want. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

I love swag! Hey, D'Addario! You guys ROCK! I'd endorse your strings in a heartbeat! How about it?

:D

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey Roy I you have the combo right? I was thinking about the buying the head and eventually finding a cab for it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I've got the 20W combo. It's the JCA2112RC...... I think. :roll:

They keep rolling out new stuff every year. I think they have a 100W head, but I'm not certain.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Thats cool Roy. When I posted kudos here to Musicians Friend for sending me the free speaker stands they actually sent me an E-Mail for the post thanking me and wanting to send me some swag. Unfortunately I didn't find the E-Mail til it was a month old so I told them that it was OK. They are watching us! :shock: :lol:

Apache hopes that the manufacturers check out the HNGD threads.....

:lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Thats cool Roy. When I posted kudos here to Musicians Friend for sending me the free speaker stands they actually sent me an E-Mail for the post thanking me and wanting to send me some swag. Unfortunately I didn't find the E-Mail til it was a month old so I told them that it was OK. They are watching us! :shock: :lol:

Apache hopes that the manufacturers check out the HNGD threads.....

:lol: :lol:

MF sent you free stuff for thanking them? Hmmm......I'd like to thank Ferrari and their excellent customer service.......

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

......I'd like to thank Ferrari and their excellent customer service.......
Thank you, GS. Your new steering wheel cover will be in the mail soon.
Ferrari customer relations.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote