Clear all

Songs That Get Stuck in Your Head

39 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
10.6 K Views
(@davem)
Estimable Member

my kids(ages 3 and 4) watch the noggin channel and between programs there is 10 minutes of programming that's not commercials. Anyway, there's a woman with the first name of Laurie that does a segment called "move to the music". The songs are silly kids songs, but I always get them stuck in my head. There's one that goes
"Hey victor, Hey Freddie
Let's eat some spaghetti"

Pathetic, I know... LOL

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The version of "Axel F" that seems to be in every commercial break.... and that crazy frog burbling over it....yep, you guessed it, another bloody ringtone....

I swear if I ever hear that coming out of a mobile phone, the idiot responsible will need the serices of a good proctologist.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

Did you ever see that stupid movie Biodome?

No, I never did, but Safety Dance is a killer. Once it gets in there, it will NOT stop.

I just thought of another. Anyone else old enough to remember the synth masterpiece called "Popcorn"?

Now I've really done it. :)

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

my kids(ages 3 and 4) watch the noggin channel and between programs there is 10 minutes of programming that's not commercials. Anyway, there's a woman with the first name of Laurie that does a segment called "move to the music". The songs are silly kids songs, but I always get them stuck in my head. There's one that goes
"Hey victor, Hey Freddie
Let's eat some spaghetti"

Pathetic, I know... LOL
i know that song and the others that she does!

ReplyQuote
(@blackenigma)

Ummm..that song that goes "You're so bad, in a world gone mad, best thing I ever had." I think it's by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It isn't a bad song, but those are the only three lines I remember and they just keep swirling inside of my head. --grins--

~Lock the doors, and throw away the keys, there's someone in my head, and it's not me~

There's nothing better than classic rock. Don't argue.

I am a dolphin. Fear me.

--Girls With Guitars--

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Did you ever see that stupid movie Biodome?

No, I never did, but Safety Dance is a killer. Once it gets in there, it will NOT stop.
In Bio-dome, a stupid Pauly Shore movie from the mid-90's, they want to get the people out of the bio-dome and so they they play the song Safety Dance over and over to try and drive them out... a la Noriega and Guns N' Roses.

Another one that gets in your head, and so appropriately named, is Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out of My Head."

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

I can't get Peaches from the presidents of the USA out of my head.. I've seen them live last monday and since then it's been playing in my head...

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

I just thought of another. Anyone else old enough to remember the synth masterpiece called "Popcorn"?

Yes. The band's name was "Hot butter" or something similar. Oy. thanks.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@goatface)

I have Holland, 1945 by Nutral Milk Hotel looping over and over in my head.

ReplyQuote
(@jball)

Thanks to this thread, I now have:
"Obla Di"
"Spongebob"
"Popcorn"
"All Right Now"
and
"Straight Up"
running through my head.....

ReplyQuote
(@cudaman73)

Right now? I have your generic rock 'riff' stuck in my head. If only I could name the chords :P

specifically, the riff from 'short story of a lonely guy' by blink 182. guess I'm not old enough to appreciate the oldies, eh?

-----
"Life isn't worth living for unless you have something worth dying for."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Anyone suffering from the crazy frog? :twisted:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I am now.

Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Scroll up and check out the 2nd post on this page....that was nearly two weeks ago.....

Pass me the medicine......

Whoever was responsible for that frog was either on drugs at the time or should be now, preferably in a strait-jacket and a padded cell....

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Those stupid ringtone ads I see on Cartoon Network and Fuse.

That blows my last nightmare song away.

They should be shot into space, right at the sun.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3