Notifications
Clear all

Super Bowl Halftime Show: Da Stones!!!!

36 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

hey that's my birthday! that's a good present, the stones at halftime. i dont like football but i'll wtch the halftime show. still, i doubt it will be as good as when my boys U2 played a few years ago.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well spotted Taso - 40 years, 40 licks....now if we (on this side of the pond) could just educate y'all (on the other side of the pond) to watch a decent sport - you ain't LIVED! until you've been on the Kop surrounded by about 15, 000 Liverpool Fans, singing "You'll Never Walk Alone"....if there's a better atmosphere, anywhere, in any sports stadium in the world, I've got to experience it.....

Oh and yeah, as an Englishman, I'm allowed to say y'all cause I've been to Texas....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

....if there's a better atmosphere, anywhere, in any sports stadium in the world, I've got to experience it.....
Well, World Cup in any country, with Brazil playing and 40,000 Brazilians doing their thing is tough to beat for atmosphere.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

....if there's a better atmosphere, anywhere, in any sports stadium in the world, I've got to experience it.....
Well, World Cup in any country, with Brazil playing and 40,000 Brazilians doing their thing is tough to beat for atmosphere.
Actually "Bird" watching on any beach in Brazil is the greatest sport known to Man :P

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You have not lived until you've gotten into your favorite team's garb and gone to an away game with 77,999 drunken rednecks rocking the house against you.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

You have not lived until you've gotten into your favorite team's garb and gone to an away game with 77,999 drunken rednecks rocking the house against you.
Wouldn't that be a bit like wearing Pagans colors to an Angels get together?

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

There are some things even I wouldn't do. Besides, I'm a Cruiser.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

maybe im silly but i like classic rock alot but I think the Stones suck they are all show and little substance

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

maybe im silly but i like classic rock alot but I think the Stones suck they are all show and little substance

Well, maybe Bobby Goldsboro will have a simulcast on the Lifetiume network that you can switch to.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If that was the case, they wouldn't have lasted 45 minutes, let alone 45 years - hmmm, remind me, who's just had the biggest-grossing tour in history?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I once made the mistake of getting off the tube at Fulham Broadway and walking into a pub, along with two friends, wearing a Liverpool shirt - I wondered on that occasion just how long I was going to live (about 30 seconds was my guess....) - Chelsea fans, at the time, had a really bad reputation.....fortunately, the hundred or so people in Blue shirts/scarves were more amused than annoyed....even more fortunately, they were genuine football fans rather than hooligans - still, that was a close one.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Worse yet, Outlaws colors at an Angels rally.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Worse yet, Outlaws colors at an Angels rally.

Some friends of mine got pulled over up near you by one of those groups and were forced to take their colors off.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I once made the mistake of getting off the tube at Fulham Broadway and walking into a pub, along with two friends, wearing a Liverpool shirt - I wondered on that occasion just how long I was going to live (about 30 seconds was my guess....) - Chelsea fans, at the time, had a really bad reputation.....fortunately, the hundred or so people in Blue shirts/scarves were more amused than annoyed....even more fortunately, they were genuine football fans rather than hooligans - still, that was a close one.....

Vic

I wear my Red Sox garb whenever I visit NYC.

Roy

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I wear my Red Sox garb whenever I visit NYC.

I always liked you, just goes to show my instincts were right!!!!!!! :wink:

It's football season now, I'll be flying the Sox colors when the time comes.

Mike

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3