Clear all

Taylor vs Martin

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wow, that sure is beautiful. I think I saw a higher end model at the Guitar Center. Not sure if it was the Northwest, but did have that bridge. It was in that row of accoustics that I never touch out of fear of damaging....

I'll keep an eye out for the Blueridges. I'm not sure any place local carries them. They do appear to have quite a variety in the working-class price range. (under 1K)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I play a Tacoma DR16 that retailed for $1600us when I bought it. I'll hold it up to any Martin or Taylor costing way more. In my opinion your paying more for the name than anything else, on both of those guitars. Don't get me wrong they are both very good instruments. I just think the quality doesn't match the price. My Tacoma is a pre-Fender buyout model. The fellow who owns the store that I bought mine from says they're just as good as before the buy out. But then again he's selling them!

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2