Clear all

"the best acoustic guitar player in the world" vid

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ive seen a lot of people play a lot of things but in my opinion this guy is like no other. Check him out.

"Truly, nothing one might say or hear about Doyle can prepare the listener for the actual experience of hearing him play an acoustic guitar."
-Taylor Guitars

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/signature/doyle-dykes/Videos.aspx

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

god how is noone looking at this haha seriously it is that cool

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

When I read the title of your post, my first thought was "Wonder if he's ever seen/heard Doyle Dykes." Guess so.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

You can go to about any Bluegrass festival and see guitarist as good or better imo.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I dunno about that I understand its bluegrass, but some of that stuff is more then youd see at most any show. (unless a handful of people were there) If your the spokesplayer for taylor guitars i think you have a little credability.

-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Doyle's a fine guitarist. I got to see him live last year.

Here's a few others you might like:

Leo Kottke
Leo Kottke playing slide
the late, great Chet Atkins
Bill Cooley
Adrian Legg playing a short tune without using the frets!
Andreas Segovia playing Mozart

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

that Bill Cooley clip is awesome. I have never seen anyone fret so effortlessly that than, looks like his fretting hand is moving from chord to chord like its been oiled.

brilliant, thanks for that.

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

He's alright. I've seen alot better though. I like Tim Reynolds on acoustic to be honest, he's pretty great. Doyle was good, be I've seen many better players, I really like the harmonics though, but then again, there pretty common place. He must be better then the video though, being Taylor's spokeperson.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

segovia is awsome

"My whole being was seized by an indescribable happiness as I began to play the guitar, for its tone was deep and sweet in the bass notes, diaphanous and vibrant in the higher ones. And its accent, the soul of its voice was noble and persuasive. I forgot everything but the guitar..."
-Andres Segovia from his autobiography
--And I got it from The heavy guitar bible

I really like that quote

And those videos are pretty awsome noteboat I like that no fret song haha

-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote