Clear all

YOUR best song?

43 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I thought i'd start a thread that would be nice and fun (hopefully) with (hopefully) no possible ill will...

so, of alllllll the songs you guys know how to play, what do you think is your best? the one you play with te most confidence and sounds best to your ears??

mine is Wonderwall by Oasis. it was the first thing i learned, and it stuck with me. now i think i play it pretty good. i've also taken to James Blunt's Your Beautiful quickly too, and i can play that well.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@ghost)
Prominent Member

For me it's Kiss Detroit Rock City. I still need more work on the song, like: the solo and some arrangments. I just find myself playing through the song each time I pick up my guitar.

I also feel that way when playing Iron Maiden's Where Eagles Dare with the solo yet to be played, but I enjoy playing the song. Lots of fun for me.

I'm currently learning Am I Evil? Metallica cover song.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Maggie May

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Man thats a hard one haha I really really like to play "Demons" by guster, It took me awhile to get the singing right but that song is really fun to play.

And currently my favorite one is probably "with arms outstretched" by Rilo Kiley That song will make you feel good inside haha.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Layla- Derek and the Dominos

First song I learned, one of my favourites.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmmm. :idea: "Sunshine of Your Love"--Cream

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

"Dust in the Wind" is mine. I just learned it about a month ago so I still struggle now and then but its the first song I have learned that involves a little fingerpicking skill and has very distict chords. I'm almost up to full speed too.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

"Doesn't Matter Anymore" by Eva Cassidy. It's muscle memory now, I could play it while reciting definitons or statistics to somebody at the same time. It is usually the first full song I'll play when trying out an acoustic,

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Lots ...and very tough to decide.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Probably Horse With No Name. Although I must admit I'm getting quite good at yankee doodle as well, tough choice.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

If I play/sing for anyone besides my family, I almost always pull out "Let Her Cry" by Hootie and the Blowfish. Good song, identifiable, and easy to play. Plus, my voice is somewhat similar to Rucker's so it fits well.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@homchz)
Eminent Member

Mostly the songs I write. I play very few covers during shows.

For my songs I would have to say the one called "These Days"

For covers I would have to say 'American Girl' by Tom Petty or 'Casey's Last Ride' Kris by Kristoferson

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Difficult choice

The one I always come back to is Norwegien Wood. Fun, easy and a great song to sing.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

photograph by REM I learned it about two years ago for a choir concert, since it was the first time I had ever played in front of an audience I was practicing it every chance I got. thankfully it sounded good. I think I could play it in my sleep if I had to. :lol:

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

The Beatles always seem to be involved. Most everyone likes them. At least in my age group. :)

I'd say "Here Comes the Sun".

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3