49 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"But I haven't got none!"

"You haven't got ANY - where's your grammar!"

"She's in the kitchen...."

Smart-arse kids, don'tcha just hate em!!!!!

Bill Shankly again - "There are two great football teams in Liverpool - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..."

Bob Paisley - "Aye, we've had bad times - one year we finished second...."

Shanks again - "If you're in the box and don't know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net...we'll discuss the options later..."

Coach Driver to Shankly, after an away match - "How did you get on today?" Shanks..."We won, 4-0 - and they were bloody lucky to get nil..."

Shankly to Tommy Smith (AKA the Anfield Iron, AKA the man who washes his face with a brick...) "Why aren't you training?" (Smith points to bandage on knee) "it's my leg, Boss"...Shankly - "Get that bandage off and get out there, you big Jessie...and what do you mean, your leg? It's Liverpool's leg...."

Shanks to Kevin Keegan, before Liverpool played West Ham...."Ah, don't worry about that Bobby Moore, he was out on the piss last night...he's got bags under his eyes he could carry his kit in..."
Shanks to Keegan post-match (Keegan scored twice and Liverpool won 4-0) "well done, son, you just ran rings round the best defender in the world..."

Shanks to Tommy Smith (after he got sent off!) "You, son, you could start a riot in a graveyard...."

Apologies for all the football-related quotes, but Shankly was the greatest motivator in history...if he'd been born a few years earlier, Napoleon wouldn't have got a lookin, and Moscovians would be speaking French....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey Vic,

You do know that I expect you to use one of those for this weeks SSG assignment, RIGHT? :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh-oh...haven't seen this week's assignment yet....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL seen it now....

Thinking back to the UEFA cup final in 2002, a couple of the home-made Liverpool fan's flags stick in the mind....

"At Gerard's command, unleash hell!"

"What we achieve in life echoes through eternity"

I like the idea of using the 2nd one of those to build a song around.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4