Southpaws register here ...

34 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

Just had a thought in my mind.All the people here on GN who are left handed or are ambidextrous (but please mention that :o ) just post a message here.I am not stopping righties to post here , but whoever is a lefty just introduce like this - 'Lefty' and then whatever you want to write.

Any struggles on being a lefty like acquiring a lefty guitar or difficulty in jamming with a band etc you are welcome to mention them too. :oops: :wink:

Rahul

(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hi

Lefty since birth.

Guitar problems:
1. Having to mirror chord boxes and tab in your head as you read them, second nature now.
2. Not being able to pickup my brother's beautiful Fender strat and just play it. He's a Righty of course.

Advantages: Nobody wants to pick up my guitar and play it.

Regards fellow Southpaw,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Lefty here as well but I play right handed due to learning to play from watching others

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I write left-handed, so I guess that makes me a lefty, but I play a right - handed guitar. I use different hands for different things??? :? I also can write backwards (mirror writing,) if I'm bored. LOL..

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Well, I

write left handed
throw a ball left handed
catch a ball in either hand
use a baseball bat left handed
use a tennis racket left handed
use a cricket bat right handed
golf clubs right handed (dreadful game - a good walk spoiled)
PC's, ATM's, phones and calculators are only made in right-handed versions
use the mouse on my PC left handed with a right handed button configuration
pianos are not made left handed either
I use a knife and fork right handed
and I play my guitar right handed cos that's how it was strung when I first got one.

Don't that just scrunge your nurdle

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I eat left handed ,
write left handed ,
hold cricket bat right handed ,
badminton right handed ,
bowl (cricket) left handed,

And i play guitar left handed even though I HAD A RIGHTY YAMAHA ACOUSTIC FOR 9 MONTHS initially,

I am really proud that i am left handed (esp abt the guitar one)

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic wrote:

Nice pun there Vic

LOL :lol: :lol:

Good thing about us Lefties is we can share a mic with Righties without wacking our guitar necks together or setting fire to one neck with the smoker's ciggy lodged under the bottom E string. Thats if the Lefty stands on the right and the Righty stands on the left if you see what I mean.--- (I just read that, what a load of rubbish!) but it could be true. Its almost as bad as cricket--- you know "when you're in you're not out" and "when you're out you're not in". Has Dogs lost his marbles!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Chris shouldn't you change your avatar to a lefty guitarist :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Vic wrote:

Nice pun there Vic

Good thing about us Lefties is we can share a mic with Righties without wacking our guitar necks together or setting fire to one neck with the smoker's ciggy lodged under the bottom E string. Thats if the Lefty stands on the right and the Righty stands on the left if you see what I mean.--- (I just read that, what a load of rubbish!) but it could be true. Its almost as bad as cricket--- you know "when you're in you're not out" and "when you're out you're not in". Has Dogs lost his marbles!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Chris
I've seen a cricket match, anyone who finds that enjoyable must have lost his marbles :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic wrote:

Nice pun there Vic

Chris
I've seen a cricket match, anyone who finds that enjoyable must have lost his marbles :lol:

Ever saw India Vs Pakistan match.If anybody sees that and doesn't go nuts , he(or she ) has most certainly lost his (or her) marbles.
It was a fact that a lot of foreigners which mean tourists from US and UK came to see that match here in our place last year.
So how does that makes it boring :roll:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

John287in wrote:
Chris shouldn't you change your avatar to a lefty guitarist

I could, but it would mean John would become Paul, but we all know the Walrus is Paul :wink: :wink: ("Glass Onion" The White Album)

That cricket thing is getting our mates across the pond going!

I haven't lost my marbles I'm just on the lefthand side of my brain!

Good thread you started here John287in

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Lefty here as well but I play right handed due to learning to play from watching others

what he said. 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Born lefty

Was hit at school and made to write right handed

play guitar both .. ( right and left ) when I started I only ever found right handed guitars , then about 10 years ago my wife bought me a left handed one I taught my self to play never have had a lesson .

When in my youth I batted in cricket left handed , bowled right handed ..

I play golf left handed ...

all my children are left handed as well

all righties shoould have a ago at playing guitar like us correct people we actually play it they way they should

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am a right handed, play guitar right handed and do just about everything else right handed.

But I can scratch myself just about anywhere with my left hand and I did put all the left handed charts on my web site to be fair about things. :lol:

Does that make me ambidextrous Rahul :?:

Oh yeah, I did play a little cricket and still have the bat, gloves, a ball and shin guards. Got slightly hooked after seeing a match (world cup) about 15 years ago in Perth. I guess what got me hooked was that there has to be something right about a sport where you can stop and eat and drink whenever you want. Especially impressive when the food and beverage cart rolls out on the field.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3