6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi ,

I just installed the age of mythology game and when i ran it , it say -

"MSXML 4.0 not installed correctly.This program is required to run the game"

I have download the whole msxml 4.0 pack from microsoft site and tried to install it too(i don't know whether i did it correct ...)but the game is not running and really giving me some hot toasts :x :x

Sometimes microsoft games never really work no matter how much you fiddle with them.
Anyone if can help please HELP !!!! :oops:

Thanks ,

Rahul

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

Sometimes with Microsoft products the only solution is a full exorcism, complete with goat sacrifice, etc. :evil:

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I did read the other day that Microsoft was going to start selling software in India at hugely discounted rates (I think something like $20 - $25 was quoted for a special "Regional" version of Windows).

Apparently this was to try and encourage more actual purchases. The article quoted the estimated rate of piracy in India at 70%. So, you haven't got copies that fall into that 70% range have you? :wink: Sometimes that can lead to difficulties.... or so I've been told..

Hope you can get it working. Although I'd recommend Rise of Nations over AoM any day. 8)

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

So, you haven't got copies that fall into that 70% range have you? :wink: Sometimes that can lead to difficulties.... or so I've been told..

Cheers, Chris

You could be right Chris. If he got an unregistered version of one or two MS products it could be a problem since they do phone home to check on themselves. Especially Windows.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

So, you haven't got copies that fall into that 70% range have you? :wink: Sometimes that can lead to difficulties.... or so I've been told..

Cheers, Chris

You could be right Chris. If he got an unregistered version of one or two MS products it could be a problem since they do phone home to check on themselves. Especially Windows.

Thereare ways around the phoning home thing...

Chris is right about uninstalling ALL the related software and then reboot...then reinstall the MSXML THEN Age of Empires...

Iwon't install games on my computer...I have a PS2...however Xbox has a version of Age of Empires that I heard was excellent...If I were to install gameds on my computer I would have one computer dedicated to nothing but games. The take up so many resources it isn't even funny...

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

John, did you reboot after installing the XML patch?

Its most important.

Also which version of Windows are you using.
Also.. Sheesh! Have you upgraded any of your DIRECT X drivers lately?
That'll also help.

Dag :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Eh , my copy is original not pirated.And i donwloaded msxml but i don't really know how to install it.I just copied all the drivers to the windowssystem folder.
And still it DOESN'T work.

It is a junk.

Help ! I need somebody , Help not just anybodyyyy :lol: :evil:

Btw i have Dx 9

Rahul

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It needs to be installed not just copied. Put all the files in a temporary folder then Find and run msxml.msi by right clicking and install

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It needs to be installed not just copied. Put all the files in a temporary folder then Find and run msxml.msi by right clicking and install

But when i right click it , it doesnt say install rather says ''open with''.I mean it has no program to associate this '.msi' extension. :oops:

Getting confused (maybe trying too hard)
And now its 1.15 am outta here.Gotta goto sleep , college tomorrow :lol:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Here's the MS XML link for the Svc Pack and the .exe file.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;810209
Method 1: Microsoft Age of Mythology
1. Press and hold down the SHIFT key while you insert disk 2.
2. On a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Open.

On a Microsoft Windows 98-based computer or on a Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)-based computer, right-click My Computer, and then click Open.
3. Right-click your CD-ROM drive, and then click Explore.
4. In the root folder of the CD-ROM, double-click the MSXML folder, and then double-click the Msxmlenu.msi file.
5. To complete the installation process, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote