Clear all

The Grammys?

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I saw an ad for them on CBS. It is suppose to air next wednseday, but anybody else find the Grammys have become a joke? You can always predict who wins the award. They keep adding a couple of categories each year for some odd reason. The winners are always the same kind of people and way too predictable of an award show. The only reason I might watch it is for Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen is suppose to perform, but I'm more likely to watch Lost instead....

(@alangreen)

Gotta admit, the Grammy's do just appear to be a contrived way of giving awards to the Britney Brigade.

Our own David Hodge gets my Grammy nomination for "Dinner With Death" a couple of years back - they don't write 'em like that any more.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Is LOST going to be a new show this week? I hate reruns...

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Lost is going to be a new episode according to: here

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

The grammy's are a bit of a joke to me. More of a red carpet event and a pat on the back to all of the big selling artists. Maybe its a way of trying to make songs like 'bootylicious' seem like briliiant art. People like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, and many more have never won a grammy. (Granted Page/Plant got one in the mid 90's and last year got a lifetime achievement award or something like that.) I think I posted about this last year. Anyway, on to another unrelated, yet important topic.
Is LOST going to be a new show this week? I hate reruns...
It seems like the show is running three weeks on and three weeks off and it's driving me nuts and making me lose interest.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Most tv shows are like that. They don't want to run out of new material for the fall, winter, spring, but that means not putting a non-stop season. It's annoying. The only show that is a non-stop season seems to be 24.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i hate the grammys. it almost feels rigged to me.

but im still pulling for U2 to win everything they're nominated for.

and my dad and i have a bet going as to who will win Album of the Year...he wants McCartney (he's a lifelong megafan) and I want U2 (and i am a lifelong U2 megafan...but i do like mccartney alot too, i grew up on him, basically).

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I was happy when Santana won 14 grammys.

At least Album of the Year could be the best part of the grammys this year.

I somewhat think the grammy's try to compete with mtv music awards which isn't any better. (insert sick green face here)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

I remember the first year they had the "Heavy Metal" category. They gave it to Jethro Tull if I remember correctly.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Jethro Tull but...heavy metal?

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Do the grammy's still have a heavy metal category?

I heard about it from VH1's 100 Least Metal Moments. Metallica lost to Jethro Tull.

Another good example of the grammy's being a joke. :roll:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

and my dad and i have a bet going as to who will win Album of the Year...he wants McCartney (he's a lifelong megafan) and I want U2 (and i am a lifelong U2 megafan...but i do like mccartney alot too, i grew up on him, basically).

Unfortunately it will probably go to a (c)rap artist instead.
All of the music award shows seem to be geared towards rap and pop. I understand why but its not for me.
I favor hard rock/metal and blues. IMO there isn't enough of it on the award shows.

I don't care to watch these award shows anymore unless it is for movies. And even then I sometimes wonder why I waste an evening watching all of these overpaid entertainers break their arms trying to pat themselves on the back.

And all this bs of the red carpet enterance. Puh lezz. Oh look what he/she is wearing. Best dressed/worst dressed. I don't give a good --- damned!

Sorry. I feel better now. :oops:

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

You pulling for a big U2 Win? Who would have guessed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bford,

you hit the nail on the head, they should change the name to the rappys :roll:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I guess that the grammy's were last night. :roll:

I read in the papers that U2 won 5 grammy's, but not album of the year. :evil:

Bloody Green Day.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I only saw a portion of the Grammy's, but it was funny because my 11-year-old was correctly predicting the winner of each category as they came up. Maybe that says something about those doing the voting?? :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2