Notifications
Clear all

The New GN Logo - Like It?

40 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You're not going to get banned here for simply expressing an opinion, if it's done in a reasonably decent, civil manner. There have been precious few banned, and those were repeatedly inconsiderate, rude and defiant when asked to clean up their acts. If you dislike the logo, that's OK.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You're not going to get banned here for simply expressing an opinion, if it's done in a reasonably decent, civil manner.

Absolutely - especially if your post's in "Opinions and Polls." I think there have been four people for repeatedly breaking the GN code of conduct over the years....not bad from over 15 thousand members, is it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

You're not going to get banned here for simply expressing an opinion, if it's done in a reasonably decent, civil manner.

Absolutely - especially if your post's in "Opinions and Polls." I think there have been four people for repeatedly breaking the GN code of conduct over the years....not bad from over 15 thousand members, is it!

Vic

Not counting the spammers. We've banned entire countries!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

....not bad from over 15 thousand members, is it!

Not quite accurate Vic since most of the "member's" have never even been to the forums. Paul adds everyone to the member's list, including people who just sign up for the newsletter. Check out the member's list... there are thousands on there without a single post.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

His point remains valid. Four out of however many thousands doesn't indicate a ban-happy board administration. Except for spammers and their countries, of course. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

His point remains valid. Four out of however many thousands doesn't indicate a ban-happy board administration. Except for spammers and their countries, of course. :lol:

I wasn't implying that at all Ric.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I wasn't implying that at all Ric.

Dan

Yeah, I know what you meant, Dan - but even if 2/3 of the members have never visited the boards, it's still a pretty good record!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If he stopped displaying the objectionable behavior, mission accomplished. Nobody wants to see anybody gone, just to maintain a pleasant, friendly environment for board members according to the set rules.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

no swearing.

no running with pointy objects...unless it is a guitar.

simple rules around here. I like em'.

:)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Keep talking guys, the no votes are slowly increasing. :wink:

I really like the faded font thingy but the guitar .... :roll:

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote