Clear all

the Next Great American Band

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@mahal)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Friday night at 8 on Fox looks like another attempt to cash in on American Idol. After the first two bands it looks like it will miss what RockStar INXS/Supernova had, a style of music the audience knew they were going to see. Since the first two acts did originals and not covers there really isn't the chance for the TV audience to connect to an act.

Maybe if the show last there will be a studio audience but for the first episode they are playing cold on an outside stage near Las Vegas.

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I tuned back & forth between this & wrestling; (my son wanted to watch wrestling) I missed much of the playing, but what I did see wasn't impressive to me. I hate "reality" shows anyway, I think they are totally lame, their canned format bores me to tears... :shock:

I wish I would have saw the "KISS" group, looked like that would have been funny!

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I switched back and forth between that show and a basketball game...and God, it was horrible. I didn't see a single "good" band in whatever genre of music they were playing. I'll start watching when it gets to the final 12, maybe they'll be some talent, who knows...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I thought the kids that did the Iron Maiden song were the best. They are 12 & 13 years old, and they nailed Flight of Icarus.

A couple other bands were ok, but I thought this show was going to have alot more talent than it did. That's Simon Cowel for ya! :roll:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

:shock:
Gave it 30 minutes then watched a Doobie Brothers DVD myself.

That's why I don't watch Idol. I guess this was the audition/freak show stage now the bands go into the theme show weeks.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Another vote for CHTTHS - Combined Hatred Towards Talent Hunt Shows.

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Week 2

Out with the freak show it looks like this will be a serious show. Dylan week this week. Most bands are interpreting a Dylan song in their own style followed by an original. At worst it can keep me out of trouble on Friday nights.

Can't help but thinking in the end the most "pop" band maybe with a lite country blend and a pretty boy frontman takes the audience vote.

ReplyQuote
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

Combined Hatred Towards Talent Hunt Shows.

Try saying that 10 times fast.

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Another vote for CHTTHS - Combined Hatred Towards Talent Hunt Shows.
:)
Well with the writers going on strike, oh well.

I was wrong the two straight pop bands without a gimmick didn't make the cut. Next week someone's favorite style will be gone.

ReplyQuote