Clear all

The Who concert tickets - WAY too expensive

32 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was looking around on Ticketmaster today, to see what shows were coming to town. There was a big Who advertisement, so I clicked it. Tickets are still available for the Denver show. So, I click a few boxes and - WHAM! Two seats, in the lower level of the Pepsi Center - $450!

I love Pete Townshend, but he can keep his overpriced tickets! What is the name of this tour, the Cashing It In Tour??? If enough people just say no, these "legends of the past" tour prices will come down - but I know enough middle aged, baby boomers will plunk down their AMEX cards!

(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member

I just checked the price of those in GBP...that's insane! I wouldn't even pay that much to see Pantera form up again (even with Dimebag!!!) and that's certainly saying something!!!

Yum yum yummy, I got metal in my tummy!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

those geriatric meds are costing alot so those old rockers have to charge more for admission.

dont ask me what I paid for the Stones.

if you've never seen the Who then it might be worth it. but since Entwhistle is gone the Who 'isnt.'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea someone at work is selling tickets for a show tonight, I think in NYC. 2 tickets $650 plus you get into the after party at BB King's club.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It is sad, weren't these guys from the peace & love generation? I guess now they are in the "we need to buy more castles with our fans' money" generation!

Oh well, there are still some reasonably priced shows of the "oldies" out there - I am going to see Jeff Beck on Thursday, and paid $60 - that isn't sheap, but is reasonable.

ReplyQuote
(@jminor)
Estimable Member

That's highway robbery....

But, when you've paid your dues 10 fold it seems you can charge whatever you want and there's STILL not an empty seat in your stadium venue...

The Stones and Elton John are the pinnacle of overpriced nosebleed seats...

Insert random quote here

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

perhaps the theory is ture;
the nostalgia generation, those born in the late forties and fifties are now getting close to retirement and have loads of cash to spend on seeing their rock heros one last time or for the first time.

I remember when you could see the major groups inn small venues way before they got big.
there were a few I missed.
so heads up new generation...see your favs now before they cost big bucks.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Totally understand someone wanting to make a dollar but I prefer smaller, lesser known bands that have a pure passion for making music.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'm so old, that I saw the Stones, when they were 3rd on the list. Headliners were Lulu and the Luvvers.
We've got tickets to see Snow Patrol in October, so am I new old generation or old new generation? Or just an old fart? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@michaelg)

I saw B.B. King Saturday night in Brussels. The tickets cost me EURO 65 and I thought that was expensive.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I'm so old, that I saw the Stones, when they were 3rd on the list. Headliners were Lulu and the Luvvers.
We've got tickets to see Snow Patrol in October, so am I new old generation or old new generation? Or just an old fart? :lol: :lol: :lol:

greybeard...your avatar name says it all :)

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

I was looking around on Ticketmaster today, to see what shows were coming to town. There was a big Who advertisement, so I clicked it. Tickets are still available for the Denver show. So, I click a few boxes and - WHAM! Two seats, in the lower level of the Pepsi Center - $450!

I love Pete Townshend, but he can keep his overpriced tickets! What is the name of this tour, the Cashing It In Tour??? If enough people just say no, these "legends of the past" tour prices will come down - but I know enough middle aged, baby boomers will plunk down their AMEX cards!

I remember seeing The Who in 1976....tickets were all of 8.95.....I thought that was expensive back then. Yer right....no way would I pay that kind of money to see The Who....or anybody else for that matter..(well, almost....)

I'm not one to plunk down my plastic either...and I'm no baby boomer....missed that by one year.....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

greybeard...your avatar name says it all :)
I'm just going to have to crawl away and drown my sorrows. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, hang on! It's Oktoberfest in Munich - yesssss, I'll just have to go and "drown my sorrows" at the Wies'n. Oh, dear, that's awful - I feel so down, I am going to have to do something to pick myself up again. 2-3 Maß Bier, halbes Hendl, riesen Brez'n, 200g Emmentaler, noch 2 Maß Bier, Currywurst & Pommes - maybe that'll make me feel better........ 8) 8)
Oh, and another Maß Bier, just to make sure............ :lol:

Translation:
Maß Bier - 1 litre beer.
halbes Hendl - 1/2 a chicken
riesen Brez'n - huge pretzel (12" across)
200g Emmentaler - 7oz portion of Emmentaler cheese, thinly sliced, with salt & pepper
Currywurst & Pommes - Bockwurst sausage covered in a spicy tomato sauce and dosed with curry powder + chips/french fries

Maybe also have a protion of gebrannte Mandeln - Almonds in a chocolate/cinammon candy coating.

I feel better already.......................................

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
der Gemütlichkeit........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

That's crazy expensive.

In contrast, this weekend I saw Gomez perform at a very small local venue for $15 a ticket. It's getting filed as one of the best live shows I've seen. Incredible band, I highly recommend seeing them live.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

In more contrast, I saw the Who on September 13th, as well as a few years ago, the tickets were as cheap as 45 dollars...Saw Elton last september, tickets were 60 bucks...Not that much. The Who was the greatest concert I've ever seen.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3