Notifications
Clear all

The Who concert tickets - WAY too expensive

32 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Just stumbled across this on google whilst looking for something totally unrelated:

http://www.safeconcerts.com/reviews/concert-reviews/rolling-stones-twickenham.asp

I was at the same concert. Paid £50 per ticket for 2 tickets. We were right at the back but we were dead centre and the sound quality certainly wasn't an issue. Got mine from ticketmaster if I remember correctly.

Just goes to show what a rip-off the whole thing is.

I guess I was very lucky.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@augustus123)

I am amazed at how greedy all these classic rockers have become. What ever happend to peace and love man. This is corporate shit and the Who have turned into greedy assholes. The who are one of my favorite bands and I have most of their albums but there is no way i am paying AT LEAST 175 dollars to see them. They even know that is outrageous and unreasonable. They have really pissed me off. I know they have to make a living but seriously, $175? I saw Beach Boys, Allman Brothers, and Hermans Hermits for $20 at a festival. Now that is messed up. They are nothing now but greedy corporate bastards. If I were as big as them, there is no way I would ever charge that much for my fans to see me. Its just not right. Im already pissed off I had to pay 95 dollars to see Def Leppard and Journey, even though I like the Who better. :x

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3