Clear all

Torture Blues -James Mathus

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I picked up a copy of a delta blues CD by James Mathus. He does a song called Torture Blues. Looked around a bit so I could post a link but could not find one. But, if you're into the blues, I highly suggest this album (this song).

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I found a couple of stray things on youtube and a jimbomathus.net website. Sounds like a good entertainer. Type that just wants to play some guitar and sing. Not enough of that going around sometimes.

(never could find that song, though)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I listened to , what I think is their latest album, and without ever seeing a pic of the band or James, thought he was an old black blues singer. The Torture Blues song, makes him sound like he's about 90 years old. (But in a good way if you know what I mean)

There's not much out there on this guy but the discography shows that he's got a few albums out. I'm going to pick up another.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote