Notifications
Clear all

U2

39 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@red_dwarf)
Trusted Member

And it's hard to countinue to innovate. I mean, look at Red Dwarfs post. They started doign stuff different, so he dosen't like them anymore. It takes real guts to tear apart your 'sound' and do something new.

LOL. Of course it takes guts to do what they did. Courageous by any band to do. But in MY OPINION I do not prefer the new sound compared to the old. Example: You have a favorite cereal you've loved as a kid. The flavor, the texture, you can't get enough of. Then, one day, the cereal company decides to change their ever popular cereal formula, but unfortunately it ends up tasting like s#@*t. You still gonna eat it?

"The whole purpose in life is to not be bored"

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Darn tootin' ! I'll eat it because it's made by Nabizko. And if it's made by Nabizko it must be good. Even if it does taste like donkey.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@red_dwarf)
Trusted Member

Hey if Mikey likes it, it's gotta be ok.

"The whole purpose in life is to not be bored"

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

The trouble is, half the time when well known bands, or even individuals, go down the "innovation" road, they think that because they are so great and adored, they can get away with anything.

McCartney post Beatles - the frog song?
Dylan - going electric

But at the end of the day, its the listening public who decide if these ventures succeed or fail.

I think U2 are a great band, with a brilliant team of marketeers and merchandisers behind them, who have done brilliantly from humble beginnings.

And they are still on my list of "must see before i die" bands!

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

U2, in my opinion, have always been and will always be terrible. They will never redeem themselves. Ever.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Seen a couple of concert reviews in today's papers, both gave the band a great write-up.....but then again, would you send a reviewer to a gig who wasn't a fan of the band?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

In Holland they sure do, which results in bored and frustrated reviewers going home after the second song only to vent their frustrations by writing insanely negative reviews...

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I heard all the stories of their opener and I'm psyched. I have tickets for 4 shows on the tour, the first one May 14 in Philly and I can't wait.

For me there is nothing that compares to a U2 live show. Not even if the Beatles came back from the dead and reformed. I'd still go see U2 instead.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So, U2Bono269, we can rely on you for a completely impartial, unbiased, balanced review then?

Just joking......ENJOY!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3