Clear all

Upgrade for epi les paul

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bluebird007)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a epiphone les paul custom ebony, with stock pickups. I would like to change the pickups, to sound it closer to gibson lp. I know gibson is gibson, and epi is epi and its never going to sound same.
I have Gibson 490R/498T combination and burstbucker pro in mind. I cannot decide which one to put in on. I read lots of info abt 490/498 com saying its gud. But never say abt burstbucker pro.
Anyone this forum has tried any of the pickups on epi lp. Help me with this trouble here. Thanx. :?

(@bluebird007)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I forgot to tell you, I use a vox AD30Vt as amp for playing.

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

I've never tried either of those but when I was shopping for pickups I got the 59' classic in the neck and 59' classic plus in the bridge and I like the sound of those.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Most Le Pauls have the 490/498 so you can't really go wrong... The Les Paul Classic has super hot 500/496 pickups.

I have no experience with the Burstbuckers, but I think you'd do fine with the 498's or the 500.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@bluebird007)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for the response.
I know most of the gibson les paul comes with 490/498, except the Gibson LP std. But mine is a epi les paul with 490/498, which is a bit microphonic. I really dont like too hot 496/500 comb. I just need the original lp sound. As i told bfore, i heard lot abt Gibson 490/498 comb.
Gibson recently changed the pickups in LP std to Burstbucker pro, saying they are specially designed for the std model. Tats why i am bit confused here. Does any one else know the differnce in sound it produce?

ReplyQuote