Clear all

Vox no longer

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My Vox AD30VT bit the dust. I was playing last night I heard a pop smelled something burning. I pulled the plug, needless to say the amp does not turn on. I have a question regarding a new amp. As you all know I was the fortunate recipient of a G&L S-500 MIA guitar. What I need is a great sounding practice amp with headphone ability. I live in apartment and do not need something overpowering, but on occassion I would like to crank it up. I like clean jazz tones and some distorted tones. If anything I would get efect pedals in the future to dial in a particular sound. Looking to spend up to $450. Any input would be greatly appreciated. PS A friend a mine highly recommended the Line 6 Flextone series.

(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Look at the Orange 30R. Great tone for a little guy. I have the 15R myself and love it.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Probably a pointless suggestion, but it's not the fuse? Anyway, I think there are just too many options to suggest anything. Have you already decided on digital vs tube?

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

You can't get it repaired?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What's the difference between the AD30VT and the Epiphone Valve Jr.??????

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

The AD30VT is a Vox and it's all solid-state

The AD30VT also has modelling options on the top panel

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote