Clear all

Prince's Performance?

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What did everybody think about Prince's guitar playing at the Superbowl? I think he messed up a couple of times but I'm not sure...

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Better then pulling an Ashley Simpson. I thought it was cool that Prince played in the rain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H97y459pOis

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

that was cool what he was doing with the feedback into a single note thing he was doing to start phrases.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't think he's ever been recognized as the great guitar player he is. Once you get past the artist formally known as stuff and have a listen to some of his earlier work you'll see he's pretty darn good.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Wow :shock: .....Did I miss the Super bowl :P

I have to agree with Nick, Prince is a very underrated musician 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

I agree...Prince is certainly unrated as a guitarist...I also think he is a great songwriter as well.

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Prince is a very talented musician, and exceptional guitarist. Playing in the rain, trying to not slip on the stage, I think he did a great job. Glad to see the purple one still has it! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I recorded the Super Bowl and watched the Prince halftime show again today. I thought he did a great job playing in the rain. Too bad the rain wasn't purple, just wait a few years though, global warming is coming. All of his eccentricities just drive me nuts. I mean his name was a symbol, and he did an interview once where he had an interpreter in english...in ENGLISH. From English to English. They even spoofed it on SNL.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I've always really liked some of his stuff, but I have a mate who is obsessed with him. I've thus been exposed to the entire catalogue, and while I only really like a small propertion of it, I'm amazed by his output. It's over 30 albums, not including compilations, and whether you like the end product or not, they've all had a huge amount poured into them.
I mean his name was a symbol, and he did an interview once where he had an interpreter in english...in ENGLISH. From English to English.
:lol: I'd love to see that, I'll have to ask my mate. :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Agrees with Nick :wink:

I'm artist formally known as "Hilch " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will anyone ever get over that :wink: :wink:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

nope :lol:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Agrees with Nick :wink:

I'm artist formally known as "Hilch " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will anyone ever get over that :wink: :wink:

WHO? :shock:

And today, which one are you?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Love Prince, love his "weird" side. He's interesting. Havent always loved all of his CDs and such.. I didnt get to see him at the superbowl but I plan to check out that UTube deal.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I recorded the Super Bowl and watched the Prince halftime show again today. I thought he did a great job playing in the rain. Too bad the rain wasn't purple, just wait a few years though, global warming is coming. All of his eccentricities just drive me nuts. I mean his name was a symbol, and he did an interview once where he had an interpreter in english...in ENGLISH. From English to English. They even spoofed it on SNL.

that's just hilarious. anyway, the whole symbol thing was just to get out of an unfair contract.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

anyway, the whole symbol thing was just to get out of an unfair contract.

I was just about to say that. 2Pac also did the same.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2