Clear all

Washburn Idol 66 PRO

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, all sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the WashburnWI 66 PRO models. I recently saw a used lefty model for sale and I'm wondering how much they usually sell for now? I believe they've been discontinued for a while now, but thats all I "know." Thanks for any help.

Dan

(@neztok)
Estimable Member

I played an Idol and I'm pretty sure it was a 66 Pro. The only thing I remember was that I wasn't exactly a fan of the Buzz Feiten Tuning System. I like keeping it real... :D

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

NEZTOK, thanks for the reply. You're not the first person I've heard complain about the Buzz Feiten System. I have an acoustic that came stock with it, so I guess I'm just used to it. I've been looking for an inexpensive yet decent quality lefty guitar equipped with humbuckers and I ran across this used Washburn. I don't know much about this guitar (other than the specs I've read online), so I was hoping to hear some first hand accounts. NEZTOK, I believe this model has that split coil or coil tapping feature, whatever you call it. I think it's supposed to make the humbucker sound like a single coil...anyway, do you remember how that sounded if you used it? Thanks again.

Dan

ReplyQuote