Clear all

Web Cams?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think I picked a bad week for all these technical sturio questions. Oh well, here goes another one. This item caught my eye whilest looking for pop filters. Vic's advice is bringing me down a different path in that areanam but this sure does look interesting. It's a Clue Microphone Web Cam with CD quality audio. $79. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blue-Eyeball-2.0-USB-Microphone-with-Webcam?sku=423199 Did I find a good product, or am I way off base?

Strictly amuerater stuff of course. I'm simply Sharing the journey, or, tormenting others with my mis guided sense of skill. :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Roy,

That looks pretty cool I've never seen one but what happens when you sing in the mic isn't the camera part right under it? What will u get just your face in the picture?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I would hope that the mic is less cartoid in nature and allows for some setting changes. I need to download their manual. Good questions! Thank you ...again 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I don't think it's really designed for recording vocals. It looks like it is intended for video chats, and podcasts/youtube videos. Sound quality will be pretty good for a webcam, but "HD quality audio" is a new term for me.....think they were a little hasty in putting that product review together. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

One part of me still thinks that having some software that allows me to add a soundtrack to video clip will be the way to go. I guess that for a "live" performance recording, I would have to click on two record buttons. One each in audio and video software. Then I just smudge the two together in whichever software will do it.

Then again, it will be like putting lipstick on a pig.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

The XP version of Movie Maker allows you to choose a camera as a video source, and choose any audio input as the sound source while recording.
I don't know if it can handle multiple simultaneous inputs, though.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote