Skip to content
What guitar do you ...

Notifications
Clear all

What guitar do you own that is the most bang for the buck?

29 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have many guitars as some of you may know. I have had many good deals. I was thinking of which instruments were the absolutely best deal as in price to quality ratio. My Gibson Les Paul Special double humbucker is a close second at $550 ........ but I have to give the nod to my Kramer Standard Pro. It is a Korean guitar, but ......... solid mahogony body, one piece, and mahogony neck, one piece, glued neck joint and flamed maple top. Gotoh magnuim lock tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups, a JB and a Pearly Gates! It has gold hardware and I got it for 1/2 price. $299! It was $599 through MusicYo which was a great deal considering the features. For $299 it is was just nuts!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@evolution)
Estimable Member

My Art & Lutherie acoustic guitar I got to replace my original acoustic when I first started playing. I was amazed at the price of the guitar for a solid top with pick-ups and how well it played. I love the look of the finish and the setup right of the box was perfect for me. I can't say enough about this company of guitars. They make solid guitars and give the best bang for the buck. I thought it was a steal for $400 CDN.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Best deal....hmmm, that would have to be my Agile AL-3000 w/ P90 pickups. Sweet Les Paul copy guitar, much better than any Epi LP I have ever played, except for maybe an Epi Elitist. It sounds great, is loaded with extras (see website below) like ebony fretboard, abalone inlays, cherry sunburst finish, etc.

http://www.rondomusic.net/al-3000csbp90.html

No, it isn't as nice as a Gibson LP, but it misses only by a little. And at only $370, it is a STEAL!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

My Art & Lutherie acoustic guitar I got to replace my original acoustic when I first started playing. I was amazed at the price of the guitar for a solid top with pick-ups and how well it played. I love the look of the finish and the setup right of the box was perfect for me. I can't say enough about this company of guitars. They make solid guitars and give the best bang for the buck. I thought it was a steal for $400 CDN.

My A&L is my best bang for buck guitar too. I have a Wild Cherry that was cheap, and sounds great. It was my first guitar, and I use it more then my washburn which costs about 2 & 1/2 times as much. I use a Seymour Duncan Woody pickup in it and it sounds terrific.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I spend a LOT of time looking at guitars online and when I find a DEAL I usually get it.

Anyway my best bang for the buck guitar is probably my Agile AD-2000. It normally sells for $250 but I got it for $153. It's my first LP and I love the tone but since I play sitting down and am used to Strats its not that comfy to play.

http://www.rondomusic.net/ad2000bk.html

I found this one today, its the Agile that I have wanted since I found Rondo Music but I was too cheap to pay full price. It's an Agile AL-3000 Rootbeer. It normally sells for $369 but I got it for $216. Hopefully this will be my best bang for the buck.

http://www.rondomusic.net/al-3000rootbeer.html

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh, my Agile was considered here for sure .... and it is an AL2000 .... a cheap one. See my avitar ... I love it .... I had to chose the Kramer though as it is not just close to Gibson good ..... but it IS Gibson good. (I've only owned 3 Gibsons though ...... still got two)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I spent some time in the Philippines and picked up a local made classical for about $34. Later typhoon Mileneo hit and with no water and power for almost a week I spent a lot of time playing.....and almost as much time retuning :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Oscar Schmidt OE-30 $149

Fender Squier 51' $99

IMO best A/E under $1000
EG523SC ~ $675 w/case

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It's a Richard Mermer guitar. I bought it for $900. The flamed koa upgrade alone is $450. It's about $5500 new.

A close second is my Taylor 712ce, I got that for under a grand or my Breedlove Northwest which was under 2 grand. My Collings I paid close to list and it may just be the best bang for the buck guitar tonally and playability wise.

Inexpensive guitars? A Flyde Orsino for roughly $300

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Atleast there is someone, who mentions exotic guitar manufacturers (Those I never heard before). We are long tired of Fender, Gibson, Martin, Agile (lol) blah blah.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Got to be this one I bought off Nick....

I love its looks, tone, playability - any guitar that makes me sound OK has got to be worth the money! And it wasn't particularly expensive - Nick bought it off e-bay, and sold it on to me at the same price.

Electric? Squier Tele is never very far from my hands....

it's pictured there with the Squier Strat it replaced - I've tried other guitars, none feel as good or sound as good as the Squier Tele.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Atleast there is someone, who mentions exotic guitar manufacturers (Those I never heard before). We are long tired of Fender, Gibson, Martin, Agile (lol) blah blah.

yeah it gets a bit boring when posts stay on topic eh? :roll:

i got an idea! start a thread about "exotic" manufacturers! :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Great idea Twisty ! (I love when you post, because I get to see the best guitar player in your avatar...)

Actually I have no guitar to mention worth the buck's bang. And I feel pity for the fellow GN'ers, who are currently suffering from my return to GN. (Its only a passing stage and it won't be long so, I promise.) :(

Oh well, if you so, it has to be my only guitar - Yamaha C-70 classical guitar (around 150$), on which I play everything from classical, gipsy, jazz to heavy metal and punk rock.

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Best bang for the buck for me is my Seagull S6+ Folk model, she sounds good and is a pleasure to hold and play. I think the cost was just under $300 about 4 or 5 years ago. Second place would be the Washburn D10S12DL which was just under $200...

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

My Eastman Uptown AR810CE. It's not a cheap guitar by any means -- I found mine for just over $2k.

However, it plays better than several guitars I've tried that are 3-4x as expensive. It is a world-class instrument at a very modest price point.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2