Clear all

What hurts the most..........

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

What is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to you about your playing?

The one the annoyed me most was this, when I was a kid (like 15) I had been playing bass for not very long (less than a year I think) I sent a bassline to a girl I liked of 46+2 by tool, she complained that my timing was bad - though it's not even in a standard timing so the fact I could play it all was quite an acheivement! Anyway years later when I met up again with her, I said oh I am teaching guitar now and she brought it back up "Can you teach guitar, didn't you send me a clip where you were all out of time?" and I said "no, you must be thinking of someone else"......... what I wanted to say was "that was five years ago, I had just begun and things can change you stupid ******************************"

My Grandma also once commented that I sounded like I was killing a cat with my guitar but that didn't hurt so much because I was much older and more confident that I definately my could play instrument, even if my bends still needed work.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

(@alangreen)

Nothing of any importance so far as guitar is concerned, apart from my Dad saying "Can't you play anything we know?" - and I guess we all go through that one.

I do remember one occasion playing Simon & Garfunkle's America, and the other guitarist looked at me and said "Alan, don't sing." It didn't hurt, more made me laugh.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I haven't had much I have had a lot of complements too on my playing and creativity so it made up for the stupid girl who asked if I could even teach or play in time. I just will never forget that one.

ReplyQuote
(@danooo)
Trusted Member

I was jamming with my friend on a friday night....i still remember it was the first time that "jamming" actually clicked for us, and than my roommate walks through the room and kicks my amp over like it was no big deal. i agree that its just one of those things ill never forget

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

You never forget the first time someone steps on your dreams, I don't even talk to that person who did it to me anymore - she was ruining my hard earned piece of mind every time we met.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

no one has overtly said anything bad about my playing or my self.
once, however, my wife said thank you when I put my guitar away after playing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote