Skip to content
What new stuff are ...

Notifications
Clear all

What new stuff are you listening to right now?

58 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

I couldn't pass by the oppurtunity to mention Guthrie Govan again.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=102145560

Check out the Wonderful Slippery Thing video.

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

For the last week or 3 I've been listening to Collective Soul's Youth CD(2004). I'm a big fan of theirs and when this CD came out, some how I missed it. I'm just catching up. One of the songs has a GREAT simple solo on it. Its called How Do You Love.

Other than Collective Soul, My recent listening has been basically Boston, 38 Special, Metallica, & Megadeth.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
 Long
(@long)
Eminent Member

I'm listening to Her Majesty by The Decemberists and I've Got My Own Hell to Raise by Bettye Lavette.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sirius Disorder

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

ive been listening to the new White Stripes (Icky Thump) a lot. also, Clutch is one of my favorite bands, and the newest cd, From Beale Street to Oblivion, is excellent. i dont know when it was released, but i havent been able to get enough of the Black Keys "thickfreakness" lately either.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@tiffer)
Eminent Member

The best bands around recently for me are:

Arcade Fire
Architecture in Helsinki
The Go Team

Im loving Ian Browns new single - Illegal Attacks

And these guys starting to get big in Manchester called The Children, really good stuff and fantastic live

Heres one of their tracks on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HMyZN4kN8

And theMyspce:
http://www.myspace.com/thechildren1

ReplyQuote
(@switch10)
Trusted Member

The best bands around recently for me are:

Arcade Fire
Architecture in Helsinki
The Go Team

the Go! team rocks

Dave

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

saw a folk artist a few weeks ago at Musikfest names Anais Mitchell. She just sings and plays guitar, and it's some of the most emotional music that i've ever heard. She has a new CD out called The Brightness.

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

A good friend of mine just turned me on to "GRINDERMAN"

Band and Album same name "Grinderman"

Check em. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Some of this is recently released and some of this is newly purchased, but somewhat older stuff:

Bang Bang Rock & Roll - Art Brut
#1 Record/Radio City - Big Star
Singles - The Smiths
Almost Killed Me - The Hold Steady
Cookies - 1990s
Easy Tiger - Ryan Adams

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Last year at this time, I was listening to "Th' Legendary Shack Shakers". They were on tour with "Reverend Horton Heat" and I had just purchased tickets for the show, so I thought I'd pick up a "LSS" CD and give it a listen. I liked it so much that I went out and bought their other two CD's. They were incredibly good live.

This year, "The Rev." is touring with "Hank Williams III" and "Nashville P*&%y" so I've been catching their stuff on "You Tube". I like "Hank III's" country songs a lot. His "Assjack" stuff is something else entirely though.

You can legally download a bootleg recording of a Hank III show from his website. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT

ReplyQuote
(@fever-and-hum)
Eminent Member

Recently have been enjoying new efforts by:

Suzanne Vega--Beauty and Crime (2007). An album of songs celebrating her New York. Standout tracks are "New York is a Woman": and "Ludlow Street" is a haunting tune. Makes me want to visit New York. Her last two albums have been a huge improvement over her early 90's tunes. Good singer-songwriting

Tracy Chapman--Where You Live (2005)--The track "Change" alone is worth the price of the CD. There's an honesty and passion about her music that very moving.

and

Jackson Browne
--Solo Acoustic Vol 1 (2005)--Jackson Browne playing "Take It Easy" solo-acoustically, is an Event with a capital "E". This is such an enjoyable album, even the banter between songs is amusing.

Hum

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

well was turned on to a band called Red Jumpsuit Apparatus..kinda pop punk emoish, I did like the song "Facedown" which we have been playing when we jam on Fridays. It's tought o sing but it's got some energy to it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

The new Rush album, Snakes and Arrows, is amazing. I've been waiting for an album like this from these guys for years now. Lifeson said of the album "we've just cut the album of our careers".

I'm not sure I am quite ready to say that it is my favorite Rush of all time. Too close to the release to say that yet. But the album comepletely blows me away. So, for now, it is. There is a freedom to Alex's playing on this album that is very exciting to listen to. Of course, all three of them are virtuoso players. It seems that there is more focus on songwriting than being show-offy or pretentious. It's great!

The only other thing from the past few years that has really flicked my bic has been the two A Perfect Circle albums.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

The new Rush album, Snakes and Arrows, is amazing. I've been waiting for an album like this from these guys for years now. Lifeson said of the album "we've just cut the album of our careers".

I'm not sure I am quite ready to say that it is my favorite Rush of all time. Too close to the release to say that yet. But the album comepletely blows me away. So, for now, it is. There is a freedom to Alex's playing on this album that is very exciting to listen to. Of course, all three of them are virtuoso players. It seems that there is more focus on songwriting than being show-offy or pretentious. It's great!

The only other thing from the past few years that has really flicked my bic has been the two A Perfect Circle albums.

+1 to Snake and Arrows. I think it is the best album they have put out in years. If you compare this album to others, they almost sound like a new RUSH. I just hope that they take this new found sound and take us to new places.

The latest album I picked up is a debut from a kid out in San Fransico...Etienne de Rocher. VERY unique sound to his stuff. The phrasing in his lyrics-- his cadence, to me, is very unusual, very mellow. It's an acoustic effort.

http://www.etiennederocher.com/listen/index.htm

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4