What's on the agenda for you today?

20 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I got up at 7:30 AM CST. Headed to church to praise and rock. Got home around noon.

Fiddling on forums for a bit....

The balance of this afternoon.....

NASCAR baby....Daytona 500.......Hi Def, 62" DLP wide screen...snacks and drink galore. Guitar and amp setup next to couch to "noodle" (as you guys put it) during cautions and commercials.

Cya's tonight. Maybe...... :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

I got up at 05:30, went to the mountains, snowboarding all day long. Now I've a date with my guitar and some crappy action movie. Ooooh, it's a perfect day.. ;)

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

OHHH Sunday

got called into work about 3 am the phone rang ( yawn)

got home about 9 am

been trying to get audacity to save as mp3 ( finally done it )

mmm there's cold beer in my fridge and that's where I 'm heading

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Up around 10:30 this morning, Sh*t, Shave, Shower and a Shampoo, played guitar until about 12:30. Pub for lunch, then back here and an afternoon in front of the idiot box. 3 films by Nick Park - The Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave, and Chicken Run. Right now, I'm cooking tea, sweating some garlic and onions in the wok ahead of some turkey going in.

Back to the factory tomorrow. Ah well, can't win them all.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Lie in till dinner - what unaccustomed luxury!!! Woken by the smell of cooking.....

Roast Beef, roast spuds, sprouts, peas, carrots, yorkshire pud & gravy

Watched a little cricket and some football on TV, been upstairs since having a beer or three and working on some songs.....got to build that left arm back up!!!

Beer supply is running low, have to nip out for more.......

after St Helens 44 Castleford 8 on friday night, and Liverpool 1 Man Utd 0 saturday afternoon, and the Darkness gig saturday night - not to mention the plaster coming off friday!!! it would take the juice of a dozen lemons - at least! - to get this huge grin off my face......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Woke up around 8:30. Didn't go to church today. Had coffee and cereal. Listened to a little Jack Johnson. Practiced the intro and verse to If I Could from a tab I found off the Internet. (Fingerpicking strings 5 and 6 only--Key of D I believe, notes A--F#--C# etc--interesting rhythm).

Looked on the forums a little. Made a new compilation "Walking CD" of acoustic guitar tunes. Some stuff I haven't listened to lately: Eric Clapton, Sarah McLachlan, Warren Zevon, 54-40 etc. Took me some time doing the process of elimination; and ended up (probably for the first time) with no Neil Young songs :?

Gonna do some errands this afternoon, shopping for groceries, gas up the car. Then, sneak in a little practice later today, listen to more tunes, fit in a little laundry for tomorrow; then round out the day with a couple of beers.

Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm with you Bish, Daytona 500 Baby! 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

The missus (er Trish) had a rare day off today. woke me with "lets go to Weston-Super-Mare today for a walk down the seafront. No guitar for me today!!

Weston-Super-Mare or Weston-Super-"Mud" as we call it is our nearest seaside town about 60 miles down the M5. Its a bit like a very run down small Blackpool. It used to be great for taking the kids to visit when they were small on hot sunny weekends, plenty of muddy sand, gale force winds, more flying sand, donkey rides and amusment arcades,(I hate amusement arcades) More sand and, icecream, more sand and muddy sea which you rarely see cause the tide is always out.

In winter like today it can only be described as grey, windy, wet, and there were a few poor damp donkeys being forced to carry kids up and down the beach who didn't want to go. Oh! and of course the sand. And, Yippee! the tide was in. All two inches deep

We enjoyed it though, walked about four miles got freezing cold, ate sandwiches in the car. Hoorah! No sand in the car or the sandwiches. I kept an eye out for the one seagull that might have jetted over from France with bird flu but he wasn't to be seen. They all looked far too healthy living off chip packets, sandy icecream cones and sandy sandwiches blown out of peoples hands by the wind.

Ah well thats us British for you, swap a warm bed for a 60 mile drive and a bracing stroll down the prom. Nothing like it for making you feel alive.

Cheers

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

OK... y'all make me feel like the laziest person on the face of the earth! I went to a party last night and didn't get in until after four this morning, got in bed about 5 a.m. and slept until 1:08 this afternoon!!! LOL! Since I've been up I've managed to make a few phone calls and post some on GN! Period!! I think I'm going to have food delivered so that I don't have to get out of my robe all day!! :D LOL! After all, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, isn't it? :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

sundays are great aren't they? i have been walking around the house in my underoo's all day,
carrying my new acoustic around with me, my gf asked me if was going to get dressed at all today, nope, this is the life :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Woke up around 7am CST. Made some coffee. Sat down to turn on the weather channel to see how far below zero the temp is, and ended up watching Hoosiers on Encore. (What I get for leaving it on that channel last night!) Made breakfast, took shower & got dressed. Jumped on the net. "Train kept a Rollin'" by the Yardbirds stuck in my head. Found tab to said song & learned it. (Easy song & great groove!) My son comes in after hearing me playing new song holding his guitar & asks: "what's that? Teach it to me!" I teach him the main riff, then he wants to learn the riff from "I want you (She's so Heavy)" by the Beatles. (he had that song stuck in his head & that's why he originally came looking for me with his guitar.) Teach kid Beatles riff. 8) Try to get Audacity to record from line in on my PC. Not happening. Spend next 2 hours browsing Audacity site looking for answers. :shock: Get fed up. Go to McyD's for late lunch, then do some shopping. Back home try Audacity again. Still not working. Post for help on "In the Studio" forum. Await help to arive!

:D
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sunday I rarely get up before 13.00, and as usual I used today to restore from saturday night. :) Can't say I did anything at all today.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I watched Saw II.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

my usual sunday routine involves sleeping till 10, having breakfast, playing guitar, having lunch, playing a video game, maybe, going to the mall for some errands, more guitar, having dinner, playing guitar, and then sleeping and getting up for school on monday.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

My Sunday:

Up way too early... in fact, I'm getting a rather nasty attitude lately with only about 7 hours sleep since Thursday (music isn't the best career for regular hours at times), but I digress already...

I'm a firm believer in putting first things first. So when I get up in the morning, I have my coffee and wake up a little bit, and then I do my practicing before anything else gets done. Since I had an early morning meeting with the musical director of a local church, that meant me with a guitar in my hands at 5:30 AM.

After that, my meeting, and church services, a few household chores... we're doing a bit of remodeling in one son's bedroom, and that made me even testier - picked up a nasty cut on my fretting hand thumb while taking down one of the guitar hangers from his walls (he's a percussionist, primarily, but now doubles on bass and guitar, and is trying to learn sax & piano). The cut isn't in a spot where it'll affect my playing, but it was deep enough for me to bleed like a stuck hog for quite a while.

Then on to cooking. I like to cook, but I don't do it very often (maybe 2-3 times a month). So I made lasagna tonight, and now I'm starting to shake off the nasty attitude with a full belly and my third glass of Chianti.

Life is good :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2