Whats the best guitar solo of all time?

43 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@acopfender)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

not sure....

i play a fender telecaster and i need to know about effects!

(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

There's an identical topic in the opinions section that's been going for a few days or so now. I suggest posting there instead.

never mind it's been moved

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

There isnt one "greatest solo" and there never will be. Many people think that Jimmy Pages solo on Stairway to Heaven was the best, but there are different opinions. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@stratosaurus)

It may not be the best, but it is very impressive & will always be one of my favorites.
You really got me-Van Halen
Reason.....I heard it when it first came out & it was a brand new style that had never been played before. At the time I couldn't even picture what or how he was doing it. I've seen many impressive guitarist since then, but none have change the course of guitar like EVH did with that song.
No doubt, there have been many who have advanced existing guitar techniques, but as far as any new innovative style that has change the course of guitar playing. it hasn't happened again since "You really got me".

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Stratosaurus, I think you mean "Eruption". You really got me was a Kinks cover.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@eddie5150)

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of great solo's. and dont lie to-yourself! may-be eruption huh!!!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well IMO, musically no, but in guitar playing terms, yes I guess.... I don't really think its a great solo, its more of making sound effects with the guitar. I'm not really a fan of shredding unless its really musical, because thats what music is all about, music! 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I thought Eruption was a song. A solo is when the other instruments stop playing, and one instrument plays alone. There are no other instruments in Eruption.

Its an impressive display of his ability.

Why are there 2 threads?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well, then would instrumentals like SRV's "Little Wing" be a solo? The whole song is a solo! 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The one I just got done playing. Now I'm playing some more looking for another one.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Huh?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@hotrod-deluxe09)
Trusted Member

that is such a hard question, it depends if you want the fastest, the most funky, there are so mnay options but i think that some great guitar solos come from george mcconnell of widespread panic their new guitarist who came in a fter mikey house died. I AM NOT SAYING HE IS THE BEST GUITIST EVER I AM SAYING I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO HIM A LOT LATLEY THATS ALL SO DON'T TAKE ME WRONG THERE AT ALL, HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST SOLO EVER BUT I THINK YALL SHOULD ALL CHECK OUT cause some people have never heard of hiim

THESE SONGS TO GET STARTED
action man (widespread panic) try live download
driving song(widespread panic) STUDIO

MY GUITAR STUFF
a Fender Mexican strat w/ two single coil Semour Duncan pickups i have a fender hot rod deluxe all tube 40 W Effects: Zoom w/pedal, V-amp, Turbo Rat, Rocktron Banshee (talbox)(i mic it and the mic comes out of a gx-15 crate amp)

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Technically Eruption is no where the best solo, nor is it musically, so I wouldnt go with that.
Stairway to Heaven is good sure, but really dont see how its the best ever, not even close.
IMO the first solo in November Rain is a contender and also Dyers Eve by Metallica.

ReplyQuote
(@mrlogs)
Trusted Member

Eric Clapton's (with Cream) 2nd solo in "Crossroads" at Winterland...Nothing touches it..period

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Highway Star - no doubt in my mind .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3