Skip to content
Who is the best gui...

Notifications
Clear all

Who is the best guitar player in a NEW band?

17 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@acopfender)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I think that Silverstein's Neil Boshart is up their.
Also i think that My Chemical Romances Ray Toro is the best in a new band. He is one of the only guitar players still playing awesome solos in that type of music.

i play a fender telecaster and i need to know about effects!

(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

I believe guitar playing has gotten worse in music these days and I can't really say who I like most...I like alot of players that some people consider crap. I like System of a downs Daron malakian (Gotten much better with their new album out soon), Slipknots Mick Thompson (does give some solos a good try), I hope Limp Bizkits old guitarist will be back he had some cool sounding stuff although not brilliant, oh...69 Eyes have a good guitarist, HIM as well, Marilyn manson has a decent guitarist playing in his band...I dunno...more that I forget about...(all personal opinions)

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

Yall are gonna hate this because it is pop, but Michelle Branch can play, and keeps the guitar current in a genre that it has certainly seen better days in.

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@mr-mervyn)
Eminent Member

Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys is pretty good. Check them out if you've never heard of them, I supposed it could be called garage blues rock.

Cheers

Cheers.

Better shred than dead.

ReplyQuote
(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member

Henry Garza, although the style of Los Lonely Boys is a heck of a lot closer to older blues and rock than the current breed. He's still a phenomenal guitarist though.

"There's no easy ways man," he said. "You gotta learn the hard parts for yourself."

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

nobody

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

Mr. Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead.
Warren Haynes of The Dead, Gov't Mule, and the Allman Brothers. (yeah, he's been around a while)
The guitarist in Umphrey's McGee though I don't know his name.
Al and Chuck from MOE. are very good improv players.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Agreed on the Black Keys and Los Lonely Boys guitarists. Also, Derek Trucks can play some great guitar.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Definitly the dude from Los Lonely Boys, and derek trucks

Umm.Velvet Revolver's Slash ;)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

blind melon.........- sick guitarist.....but i dont think ther together anymor after the singers death....

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

How about those guys from Avenged Sevenfold? They really get some interesting solos pulled off.

They even have a little player on their site, so no reason to not check it out: http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Euroboy in TURBONEGRO (their new album is due 9th of may) is really good. Got some wicked solos. If you're not into deathmetal he's also playing in a band called Euroboys, who plays nice smooth guitarmusic.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Since somebody already mentioned my hero Henry Garza, sooo...
check out Corey Beaulieu and Matt Heafy of Trivium. Those guys THROW DOWN. New-school thrash metal with old-school virtuosity and an awesome sense of melody.

I'll have to check out The Black Keys - I'm on the tail end of a metal kick right now and going back into a blues phase :)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Black Keyes are awesome.......check em out.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Yes the black keys do rock, the 2 man band that can't be beat.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2