Skip to content
What's your most ph...

Notifications
Clear all

What's your most physically painful experience?

92 Posts
48 Users
0 Likes
13.7 K Views
(@dsparling)
Reputable Member

Catheter is pretty hard to top.... :shock:

I instinctively winced and crossed my legs reading that one word..... My brain had nearly forgotten that experience, but the appendage that had the catheter shoved up it will NEVER forget!!

One word is all I figured it would take :)

IIRC, the catheter coming out hurt even worse...

http://www.dougsparling.com/
http://www.300monks.com/store/products.php?cat=59
http://www.myspace.com/dougsparling
https://www.guitarnoise.com/author/dougsparling/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have had the Catheter (twice) broken nose 5 times, broken jaw (mouth wired shut for 6 weeks) Broken toes, broken thumb, shattered kneecap.
Fell out of the attic of my garage and broke my tail bone (layed for over an hour before I could move) Cut the tips of my index finger and thumb off with an hatchet (left hand) they where sewn back on (one of the stitches was right through my thumb nail)
Feet slipped off the peddles of my bicyle as I was standing trying to build up speed (my bike had the double barres across the top. Guess what hit the barres full force)
Out of all the physical pain I have experienced over the years by back problems are by far the worse. (probably a result of the garage incident years earlier)
I have deginerative arthritus in my lower back (if the diagnosis is correct) It always hurts. The only relief i get is when I sleep. It also causes my legs to ache. The back pain and aching legs are not the most intense pain ever but it is the worst because it never goes away.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

missleman, my dad kinda has the same thing, something with a disc in his back, it slips out and it touches the nerve of his leg, so he can't walk too long.

For me, the most pain is probably either when I:

-when my dad "accidentaly" psuhed me down the stairs in my house, it was carpepted stais but i rolled down, in a perfect ball down about 23 steps and I kept rolling until I hit the front door, whcih is big and amde of wood. I was around 8 at the time. Nothing happened, jsut alot of crying.

-In lebanon, I went to this beach club, and they had a 10ft diving board, so, this being my first time, I jumped and ended up doing a belly flop straight down into the water.

It stung so much, and my chest was red for a couple of days.

Thankfully, I haven't broken any bones yet, and cannot even imagine what some of you have gone through

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

my dad kinda has the same thing, something with a disc in his back, it slips out and it touches the nerve of his leg, so he can't walk too long.

Same thing I was talking about.

Have you gotten an MRI missleman?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

my dad kinda has the same thing, something with a disc in his back, it slips out and it touches the nerve of his leg, so he can't walk too long.

Same thing I was talking about.

Have you gotten an MRI missleman?
Yes, the MRI shows 2 disks have lost their fluid (or so they say) and show up dark, one of them has lost about 1/3 of its normal spacing.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

that's why I'm going to a chiropractor now (at 18 ). Back problems run in the family...I actually missed an appointment today because I was so busy :( . Basically once every couple of weeks I walk down to the chiropractor and get my back rubbed by a hot and personable woman for free (ahh the wonders of insurance.)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@irishrs)

Two come to mind for me.
First was in High School when both lips were literally cut in half by a music stand. The bent sheet metal type. Hit me like a battleaxe.
Second was having a hand crushed between metal crates. The ones they transport lawn tractors on. Ripped my index finger apart. The worst was when they injected the anaesthetic into my fingertip... slowly.... in 4 places.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I've had the catheter, but I think the worst for me was ripping the insides of my knee apart while rollerblading. I'm not sure if it's that, or the pain I get in sometimes because of the old injury (which I still refuse to have surgury on...I'll sit in a wheel chair before I go under the knife).

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Missileman.....boy you have been through it, Evil Kneivel (sorry, spelling not good) would be proud....

My worst moment is tame in comparison. Beleive it or not it involves toothpaste....

I was loading my toothbrush with paste and put a little too much pressure on the brush, this caused the bristles to bend - so when I pulled the tube away, a huge blob of paste flicked off the brush.......straight into my eye.

If you think this sounds ok - go try it. Its excruciating. The combination of the chemicals in the paste and the slightly abrassive texture ended up making my eye as red as a tomato.

And that's it. No bones broken - I can't imagine how awful that must be!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

When I was a kid the dog was chasing me round and round the house grabbing my pants leg, I looked back to see how close he was and as I turned back around I rammed my forehead right into the back of a flatbed truck. My whole body flew back and I struck the back of my head on a fairly large rock and put a large gash in it. I still have a large knot and scar on the back of my head to remind me of that dog.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

First let me say the most painful thing I've ever experienced were seeing the pictures of Vic that Chris put up on another thread..man those were scary..J/K

Been knocked out a few times but that didn't really hurt until I came too.

Thankfully I've never broken a bone in my life although I've got a few dislocated fingers that aren't quite right.

The most painful was probably tearing my ACL in a basketball game a few years ago, but even that wasn't as bad as about a week after the operation when I would try and stand up to get out of bed..the blood would rush to my calf and it was the most excruciating pain.

Another time I had to go to the doctor for an infection to nmy private part and he inseted a long q-tip up several inches and then spun it around to get a sample. It wasn't so much the pain but it had to be the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been in.

Of course then there are the 10 straight years of trips to the emergency room for various reasons, I slipped and had a bicycle spoke go into my eye and cut the inside of my eyelid, had someone slam my face on a steel rail needed stiches in my mouth. Put my hand through a plate glass window, had a bow saw cut through the top of my hand.

The most embarresing was when I was trying to impress a girl by popping a wheelie on my Harley...Well doing the wheelie wasn't a problem but when the bike hit the ground I wasn't ready and my hand hit the accelerator again and the bike went up and I fell off but held on to the handlebar with one hand....I proceeded to be dragged about 50 ft or so on the hot pavement with my white tank top. Needless to say I had a road rash from my waist to my neck which made it very painful to shower for days.

Aaron..I feel your pain about the woman..been there done that too!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Man, reading some of these makes you hurt in that special spot without even having to experience the real McCoy. :shock:

Some of you may need to be reminded, you should be dead. What the heck are you doing walking around? Glad you are no matter what the others are saying about you :wink: !

Truly though, the emotional pains really are the worst. Nothing heals those except lots of time. Sometimes that seems to not be enough.

I've written some of my best stuff while under the broken heart syndrome and meds don't work. Life goes on as they say...bah! :cry:

OK, I'm feeling fine now. :D

Thanks all for sharing. Helps us get a little more acquainted with everyone.

I'm feeling the love right now, so you guys should know that I'm going to have a big party at my hotel room tonight just for GN people. Bring a dish to share and your swim suits (optional but expect to swim anyway...females only). Pools open until 10 PM CST. Hope to see you there.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

The most embarresing was when I was trying to impress a girl by popping a wheelie on my Harley. up and I fell off but held on to the handlebar with one hand....I proceeded to be dragged about 50 ft or so on the hot pavement with my white tank top.

Ya ya.. BUT did you get the girl??

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

geoo,

No, I think I was too embarrassed to even see her for weeks...but man was she a hottie..

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

When I was around 16 or 17 I was in a "gang" fight (actually not a real "gang" but neighborhood verse neighborhood) and this kid pulled out a blade and cut me just above my left eye...I still have the scar! :twisted:

When I was 10 I got my hand slammed in a car door and I was on the inside. I had accidently locked the door so my mother couldn't open the door to get my hand out. It was 10 minutes before anyone realized the door was locked.

When I was in 7th grade I was running in the hall and someone opened a door (you know those HEAVY school doors) and hit me right between the eyes. I had a goose egg the size of a golf ball for over a week! I used to be smart but that knocked the sense right out of me!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7