Skip to content
What's your most ph...

Notifications
Clear all

What's your most physically painful experience?

92 Posts
48 Users
0 Likes
13.7 K Views
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

When I was around 16 or 17 I was in a "gang" fight (actually not a real "gang" but neighborhood verse neighborhood) and this kid pulled out a blade and cut me just above my left eye...I still have the scar! :twisted:

When I was 10 I got my hand slammed in a car door and I was on the inside. I had accidently locked the door so my mother couldn't open the door to get my hand out. It was 10 minutes before anyone realized the door was locked.

When I was in 7th grade I was running in the hall and someone opened a door (you know those HEAVY school doors) and hit me right between the eyes. I had a goose egg the size of a golf ball for over a week! I used to be smart but that knocked the sense right out of me!
Mike. I thought sure you would mention the B Barre as the most painful experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike. I thought sure you would mention the B Barre as the most painful experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I forgot to mention practicing the D chord...that was painful!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for re-opening old wounds Nils!!! :cry: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

When I was eight, I was standing on the back of a truck and well, fell off and nose dived into the pavement. I wasn't hurt too bad because my forehead broke the fall. Only had a minor concussion which proves I am hard-headed. When I tell my friends about it, they say it explains so much.
Let's see: My nose is plastic from the bridge up, both jaws have been broken twice, both hands twice. I've shattered at least every knuckle once, all my ribs have been broken twice, Dislocated my right collar bone at the neck joint, fractured a hip, broken a foot, been stabbed 3 times, cut once, and had my face and head split open more times than I care to count. I've been knocked out, tossed through a plate glass window, broke both shoulder blades with the edge of a table, and wrapped my knee around a tree parachuting.

I walked around for the better part of 7 months or so with 3 cracked ribs and no pain killer. I spent time in places like Iraq and Somalia, amongst others, and it's just pure luck that I didn't bring home any extra holes from that. Although I did get a concussion in each of those. One from a helicopter crash, and another from being slammed into a wall by an explosion.

But all that above is minimal pain when I really think about it. I think truly, the greatest pain I've ever felt, was having the woman I worshipped, and loved with all my heart tell me I wasn't good enough for her......Bones heal. That still hurts. :shock:
WOW! Sounds like your fingers are more than just twisted, more like your whole body is mangled! Everything I have endured have just been minor scratches. Someone said it sounds like a country song and it sort of does. I see it going something like this (too much time on my hand);

I had my ribs broke, feet broke,
Jaws broke, knee broke,
Head split, knuckles shattered,
Nose cracked, hip fractured,
Thrown through glass,
Sliced and stabbed, (crazy voice in background yells “3 times!”)
Blown up, crashed to the ground
But none's as painful as you turning me down.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I had my ribs broke, feet broke,
Jaws broke, knee broke,
Head split, knuckles shattered,
Nose cracked, hip fractured,
Thrown through glass,
Sliced and stabbed, (crazy voice in background yells “3 times!”)
Blown up, crashed to the ground
But none's as painful as you turning me down.
ahahahahha. oh, that was quality.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

for me nd not to get too technical for my over sees friends , I used to play a game called Rugby League and played half back ( the smallest man on the field )

They have things called scrums 6 players from each team pack down and try retrieve the ball for their teams ( that how it was when I played ) . This scrum collapsed on top of me I was eventually pulled by a team mate with a broken jaw , broken arm , 4 broken ribs and lots of bruises all this was Not directly from the scrum collapsing but from the other team players trying to get rid of it worked . Never played after that still have night mares about it . That was like 10 years ago

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

When I was eight, I was standing on the back of a truck and well, fell off and nose dived into the pavement. I wasn't hurt too bad because my forehead broke the fall. Only had a minor concussion which proves I am hard-headed. When I tell my friends about it, they say it explains so much.

Was it a turnip truck? You might be the first person I have ever heard of ACTUALLY falling off the turnip truck if so. :lol:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Let's see,
- broken jaw (of course, the requisite broken teeth)
- broken ankle
- thumb dislocations (multiple)
- scar tissue in lower back from 30-year old injury
- three protruding discs, arthritic narrowing of nerve pathways in vertabrae
- diverticulitis flareups
- kidney stones
- one of my favorites, getting a root canal done and the anesthetic doesn't work

Has anyone ever had the tendon sheathes in their fingers swell up at the knuckles? When the swelling finally goes down, you never have quite the same flexibility as before and some days they're so tight it feels like the tendons are going to snap when you try to bend your fingers. Hell, I'll take passing a kidney stone any day over that sensation

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Kidney stones by FAR. Apparently I'm prone to them, as I pass about three to four of them every 4 to 5 years. I currently have a 7mm stone in my left kidney (5mm is the biggest you can pass). Nice knowing I have a bomb just waiting to go off.

I've felt my share of pain, but I wouldn't wish a kidney stone on my worst enemy (if I had one).

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Crank,

I'm cringing just thinking about it. A buddy of mine had that problem a few years ago and said it was the worst pain he ever experienced.

Then to get it out they had to slice open his you know what.

OUCH!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Kidney stones. When I was a teenager, an usher in my chruch wore a tie tack with a kidney stone mounted in it. I'd say it was about 7mm in diameter, nearly round, with pearlescent colors including green, yellow and red, mostly sort of creamy. He'd been put in the hospital to be taken to the OR next morning to attempt removal with a "basket," a thing like a Chinese finger trap that's passed up the ureter from below, slips around it, then tightens around it as it's pulled. He woke up very early in the morning feeling an irresistible urge to void. Went to the bathroom and tried to go. Couldn't. He took a deep breath, strained really hard, and it popped out and bounced around the room. After he could breathe again, he hunted till he found it. Wouldn't let anybody take it. Got a local jeweler (another church member) to mount it. He was really proud of that thing. In a sense, he'd given birth to it.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Playing American Football for Ilford, jumped to catch the ball and landed on one leg just at the same time a defensive tackle hit me in the knee. Result, split tibia requiring a metal plate, snapped medial ligament, ruptured cartilage and about thirty stiches after surgery. Most painful thing was it was two weeks before I got married, the missus was not happy :evil:

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

It's a tie for me. Either the drunk that rear ended me at MPH on my Harley and broke my back in three places, the pain in my legs from the accident for 20 years or the 6 months recovery from the spine fusions.

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

I've never broken anything yet :lol:
Most painful so far is a rupture of my quadriceps (muscles in the front of your upperleg..) That was during some gym class at school and I was stupid enough to go home on my bike afterwards.. Took me quite some time before I could walk normally again. And because of using the muscle so soon afterwards I still feel it when sporting.
Most painful I think I'm going to expierience during my life is having kids :P

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Most painful I think I'm going to experience during my life is having kids :PIf you're talking about birth pains, those won't be the worst.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Most painful I think I'm going to experience during my life is having kids :PIf you're talking about birth pains, those won't be the worst.

Yep my sister told me tonight that raising her two kids through their teen years was like nailing jello to a tree. :P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7