when I feel bad about my playing

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

If people like watching stuff this bad I'm suprised my videos don't have more hits. :P That was hillarious, I hope the guys that made it think so. :roll: :mrgreen: Yep, I'm feeling pretty shredderish after watching that .....

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I made it to 1:19. anyone top that? :lol: :lol:

So, at least they are playing? (trying to say something nice)

I hope they launder their guitar straps often.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Not sure if that was "real" or not seemed a bit over the top, kind of hard for me to beleive anyone could think that was worth psoting other than for a laugh.

The fact that they all had their shirts off made me a bit skeptical of how authentic it was.

Yes I am a skeptic by nature.

But seeing someone play poorly whether it's real or not never makes me feel any better about my playing unfortunately.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I like this reply...

"except from the bass the vocals the guitar and the drums this was an amazing cover"

Other then that... ya.. sounds like my playing. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I never feel good when I'm watching a bad guitarist, it reminds me too much of me a few years ago. The lead guitarist seemed to be trying hard, the drummer was trying but the bass player - well, I wasn't sure what he was doing. Thinking about his pizza round?

I actually thought it was a mickey-take - no band that bad could fail to realise how utterly awful they are, right? Then I thought, maybe not - I've seen the odd audition (although I REALLY try hard to avoid them!) on Britain's Got Talent (false, if the winners are anything to go by) and the bloody awful x-factor, and some of the most out-of key, out-of tune talentless people you've ever heard in your life really think they can sing!

But watching those guys does give me a little hope for the future....I think I can improve, even at my age, but I don't think I could ever do something that bad. Not even if I played guitars, bass, keyboards, drums and sang! Oh, wait I HAVE made MP3s where I've done everything and they got some decent feedback. Or is that just because GN is a nice friendly site? Hell, now I'm getting paranoid......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Oh, this made my day...wow!! Of course they all could play their respective instruments better I could, but to come together...just wow...

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I've never been able to make the intro riff to sweet child of mine sound particularly good on my strat, I gave up on it because I just couldn't get the sound even if I played all the notes correctly.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Man, just when you think it can't get any worse some guy starts singing.

And that's when I gave up.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote