23 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Great vid and a cool story 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGsvAMRFivo&mode=related&search=

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Wow, what a great story.

ReplyQuote
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member

Very cool story. I usually hear it on the the radio every Sunday night in a Hard Rock Cafe ad or something like that. Always during Little Stephen's Underground Garage. Please tell me I'm not the only one who listens to it! :D But back to the point of this thread (I ramble a lot), like I said, very cool story. BB must have really liked that guitar! :D

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Very cool story. I usually hear it on the the radio every Sunday night in a Hard Rock Cafe ad or something like that. Always during Little Stephen's Underground Garage. Please tell me I'm not the only one who listens to it! :D But back to the point of this thread (I ramble a lot), like I said, very cool story. BB must have really liked that guitar! :D

Have you ever heard tell of a band called the Novaks? Apparently Van Zandt loves them and uses to play them on his show a fair bit.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Thanks for posting that link, SGinCYQX. It's so cool to hear that story told by BB himself.

My son and I went to see him in concert a little over a year ago, and in between some numbers he'd tell little conversational vignettes, all laid back, just like that video clip. He seems like the most down-to-earth person you'd ever meet, and although it was a packed concert hall, you felt like you were listening to him chat in a small group of friends. 8)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Great story!

He will be in concert here next Friday, and I got my ticket today! 100 bucks... ouch, that hurt the wallet. It'll be well worth the money I'm sure though, especially since this will be my first time seeing him :D

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I'm jealous. He's my primary influence, and one of my favorite musicians ever

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Lucky, lucky people. This is gonna be his last year touring too. Not because he's old...but because he said he wants to 'retire' after this and just do the occasional small gigs.

I wish I could have seen him live, but I was born in the wrong time period. :(

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

From the vault of the Hard Rock Cafe, London:

They'll let you hold it if you ask nicely. :wink:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

AK, your ticket price will be money well spent.

Took my then-eleven year old son to see BB King last spring. Before the concert, my son hesitantly said, "Mom, I don't really know who this guy is, so I'm not really sure why you are taking me to see him....?" I told him it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity not to be missed, and part of his music education.

During the concert, I could see he was getting more and more into it, and by the time it was over, his eyes were huge and shiny and he was truly in awe. My son loved the King's warm and folksy personality as much as the music.

It was the only time I've seen BB King live, so it was a stellar night for me, to experience that with my kid.

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

That's really cool Margaret. I always love to see kids and people my age at blues shows. Usually the shows are packed with, well, older people so it's really nice to see some kids from time to time. My friends don't even know who BB King is so it's heartwarming to know that there are still some of us young people out there that are moved by the blues, and that hopefully go on to make some great music that is influenced by it.

Kevin: I didn't know this was his last tour! Wow, I'm so glad I bought a ticket!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

The vast majority attending the concert we went to were in the 40-60 age range, with a few younger kids in tow, almost exclusively boys.

On the other hand, when I took my daughter to see CATS, almost all of the children in the crowd were girls. No surprise there, I guess.

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

BB is worth any price. He's gonna be here in Sept.
Picked up tickets for Buddy Guy for next month

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'm going to see Buddy Guy too, along with George Thorogood.

Can't wait!!

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I actually got to see BB King for free 7 (or was it 8?) years ago when he played at Shoreline Amphitheatre here in Silicon Valley. I was working for a big computer company during the boom years and they would regularly get batches of lawn tickets for shows at Shoreline and give them out to employees for free. Alas, those days are gone and the perks like that with it. The show was excellent.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2