Skip to content
Why Do Headphones A...

Notifications
Clear all

Why Do Headphones Affect Pitch Recognition?

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
11.4 K Views
(@vocalthoughts)

One more point...I find I favor one of my ears over the other as to which ear to take half-off. Could this have to do with left-brain right-brain issues?

ReplyQuote
(@jamesdeancav)

I have a question, I hope you can help, sorry to resurrect such an old discussion.

Tonight I had the weirdest gig. Three outputs, Vocal, Guitar and Keys and they all sounded out of tune with each other. The set-up and gear we are using is high quality and been great for a long time. We did make some changes a few days ago, adding subs to our front of house and I wonder if this could have in anyway affected the output sound. It was so strange, I really could not tell which note I was meant to be singing and tried singing without my fold back monitors, tried moving the guitar fold back off the timber cabinet thinking it could have been resonating a frequency through that... I have no idea but it was bizarre and hard work! It was a room we have never played in either, with low ceilings, can this bend the pitch at all? The guitar was running through a digital tuner and it said it was in tune.

Totally stumped.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2