Clear all

Women problems equal lots of practice time

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't if anyone remembers my girlfriend from a while ago. You know, the one everyone told me to get rid of her and run like hell. well I married her and a few weeks later she takes off back to her ex-boyfriend. I suppose it was a good thing because she always stuck a guitar in my hand and told me to play. Well, I seem to have a bunch of time now. I'm practicing from 4 to 5 hours a day :lol:

Man I can't believe how fast I'm picking up stuff. I had the first solo to comfortably numb down in one day, oh I stink at playing :lol: I'm half way through the second solo now. I detuned one of the crappy Jacksons and started to play around with Zeppelins "the rain song". Fun stuff. I haven't been serious about playing in 12 years up until now.

Well to make a long story short. I kicked all the women out of my life except for my daughters and I'm just going to spend the rest of my time jamming :mrgreen:

I'm gonna be hang out here more often.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Good to see you back, Sid. I didn't participate in it, but I do remember the thread well. I was just wondering the other day what ever happened.....now I know. I've got several friends (men and women) who are going through the same kinds of problems. I feel bad for them.

Look at my signature. The only way to live. If a lady gets on the back of your bike (metaphor time) and makes it wobbly, it ain't the bike that's gotta go. Treat yourself and others right, and don't let anyone treat you wrong. Simple as that.

Back to Guitar. I like the Rain Song. I wish I knew more songs in that gsus4 tuning. I'd get one of them $99 deals and leave it there all the time.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I have that good and bad list going right now.... The bad side is getting really big :lol:

Yeah, I'm on a zeppelin kick, still need work on the solo for heartbreaker, those nut bend pulloffs are tough to hit. Can play most of "The Ocean". Good news I don't have to finish those Neil Young songs she wanted me to play for her.

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

Treat yourself and others right, and don't let anyone treat you wrong. Simple as that.

YES! That simple thing is one of the hardest for some to learn. I had to go through hell before I realized that just because I am thick skinned and can take abuse it doesn't mean that I have to. As soon as you can see that a person doesn't have your best interest in mind there is no reason to keep hanging out with them... unless you like abuse of course.

Art is for everyone and if you can do it at all, it's for your whole life that you can enjoy it. I will be playing guitar until I'm gone, and if I am in a bed when I go I will be playing guitar to the very last second. Hopefully singing myself out!

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member

I feel like a Martin Luther King groupie - I wanna yell 'Amen Brothers!' I took a twenty-year sabbatical from guitar because of a woman who wasn't even remotely worth it. Fortunately (to abuse rparker's metaphor) the present LOMA doesn't make the bike wobble - she makes it go faster!

Hnag in there Sid,

David

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It was a long time ago, but it was woman troubles that got me into seriously learning to play. I had nothing else to do! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I feel like a Martin Luther King groupie - I wanna yell 'Amen Brothers!' I took a twenty-year sabbatical from guitar because of a woman who wasn't even remotely worth it. Fortunately (to abuse rparker's metaphor) the present LOMA doesn't make the bike wobble - she makes it go faster!

Hang in there Sid,

David

Hey now! It works both ways! I also took a 20 year sabbatical.... because of a man who also wasn't even remotely worth it! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey now! It works both ways! I also took a 20 year sabbatical.... because of a man who also wasn't even remotely worth it! :D

No doubt about it. My comments work either way. Probably more so your way than the other way.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL guy's and gal's. I put mine down for 12 years because of a woman. She hated the heavy metal. I became a big Ole fat couch potato. Now I'm going to make it my main focus for a while and I will NEVER put it down for anyone ever again.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hey Sid

I remember. Glad you are doing OK now. An old man told me something when I was young, didn't completely understand it at the time, but I sure do now. He said,

"There are some things worse than being lonely"

It's true. :D

Take some time and get to know yourself. You have to learn to be happy with yourself before you can ever be happy with someone else. Keep practicing guitar. I can tell you from experience it's not so bad being single. You can come and go when you want, you can even go over and jam with friends whenever they invite you. Sure, it gets a little lonely at times, but life is simple and peaceful and that counts for alot!

Now if that gal comes back knockin' on your door, remember this old song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5XFcxAQy4&mode=related&search=

Now there's a good song to learn!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL wes, that song stole my life :lol: She called Friday night and said her ex-boyfriend bought her a bus ticket home... Just another manipulation to try to get her kids to see her. They are so tired of her crap and when she walked out on the very best thing that ever happened to her(me according to them) they disowned her. One day she will wake up and look back at her life with all the loser drug addicts boyfriends, with absolutely nothing to show for her time here on this planet and realize she made a huge mistake

Well Wes, I've lived single for a long time. Only difference was this time it will be with the guitars and not the alcohol. It's gonna be fun, now to find a jam partner.

ReplyQuote