Clear all

Wpw! What a woman!!

14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Don't know if this should go here or not.

30 yr old Ana Vidovic.

Hot and can play a mean guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Yng...eature=related

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@alangreen)

Superb musician. And, yes, presses all the right buttons too.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Joe, I couldn't get that link to work. I did do a search on You Tube and found Cavatina. I remember that from The Dear Hunter and decided to click on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSECkRnpsDE&feature=related Impressive in many ways.

And then somehow my Playlist started up and Keith Richards doing something from his solo works called "Hate it When You Leave" came on. Now my universe is in proper balance again, thank you very much. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Joe, I couldn't get that link to work. I did do a search on You Tube and found Cavatina. I remember that from The Dear Hunter and decided to click on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSECkRnpsDE&feature=related Impressive in many ways.

And then somehow my Playlist started up and Keith Richards doing something from his solo works called "Hate it When You Leave" came on. Now my universe is in proper balance again, thank you very much. :lol:

LOL Keith Richards and Ana Vidovic, one night only!!! LOL.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I had the feeling that Ana Vidovic was playing Cavatina a bit fast, so I went in search of others for comparison.

It led me to another young lady - Xue-fei Yang.

Not quite the looks of Ana Vidovic, but she plays beautifully. The Cavatina video is appalling, but her playing is fantastic.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

To be honest, I've never heard it, I think tempo is all up to interpretation anyway as long as it's in relation to the rest of the piece.

So as a first listen to me, it sounded absolutely wonderful!

I did check out the artist you mentioned, and she sounds incredible as well! I do think she's up there with the looks too, but that's just my thing. LOL.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Ana Vidovic plays everything fast. Her performance of Tarrega's Danza Mora is awe inspiring.

I saw Xue Fei Yang at the Wigmore Hall the other year. She was ok-ish, but I came away wondering why I bothered to spend all that time practising when it was ok for her to play some fairly obvious bum notes with John Williams in the audience. Even worse, the Insurance Company had got to her - at the end of every tune she: -

1 - looked at the audience
2 - smiled
3 - put her guitar on the spare chair
4 - made sure it wasn't going to fall off
5 - stood up
6 - bowed
7 - bowed again
8 - sat down
9 - picked up her guitar

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ana Vidovic plays everything fast. Her performance of Tarrega's Danza Mora is awe inspiring.

I saw Xue Fei Yang at the Wigmore Hall the other year. She was ok-ish, but I came away wondering why I bothered to spend all that time practising when it was ok for her to play some fairly obvious bum notes with John Williams in the audience. Even worse, the Insurance Company had got to her - at the end of every tune she: -

1 - looked at the audience
2 - smiled
3 - put her guitar on the spare chair
4 - made sure it wasn't going to fall off
5 - stood up
6 - bowed
7 - bowed again
8 - sat down
9 - picked up her guitar

Oh my....that's funny. Isn't there a video out there with John Williams making mistakes in his performances? I remember seeing one where he has an agitated look after a bum note, but still kept on playing, and flawlessly.

So did she break a guitar or something one time?

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

A few other great - and great looking - classical guitarists:

Sharon Isbin - probably the best resume in the classical guitar world: studied with Segovia as a child, founded the guitar department at Juilliard, etc etc. I think she may be the finest living guitarist... a master of both technique and aesthetics

Liona Boyd - another student of Segovia

Charo - an amazing flamenco guitarist

And a couple of others I think will have staying power...

Jessica Kaiser a 16 year old up and comer

Magdalena Kaltcheva another youngster with chops

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It led me to another young lady - Xue-fei Yang.
I checked it out, too. I thought it was a bit too slow, but certainly very much better than I could do. I always feel I need to say that when I critique someone far better than I. Whatever. I think the thing that got me ws just a bit too much silence in the lower & slower parts. Just a personal taste thing.
The Cavatina video is appalling
Maybe I didn't see the same video. What made her video appalling? Just curious. feel free to ignore if you like. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

What made her video appalling?
Cheesey.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Gotchya. Agreed.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Cheesey.

Did we watch the same video? LOL.

I thought the Chinese lady's was cheesy, with the garden, and soft focus effects LOL. Still a phenomenal guitarist no doubt about it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Cheesey.

Did we watch the same video? LOL.

I thought the Chinese lady's was cheesy, with the garden, and soft focus effects LOL. Still a phenomenal guitarist no doubt about it.
That's the one I'm referring to.

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote