Skip to content
Your craziest exper...

Notifications
Clear all

Your craziest experience on the way to seeing a live show.

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This might aswell be titled "how badly do you wanna see metallica" heres the dirt.

OK so saturday was the big day for me and many other SA fans to see Metallica live, for most of us it was the 1st time.
Very Excited i got up at around 3Am because i had about a 3 hour drive to Pretoria to pick up a buddy and from there we'd go to the SHow.

At around 4:20 am i had all my stuff loaded and i was on the road, cruising whilst listening to some tallica. So at around 5:10 Am i saw this car coming towards me flashing his lights at me in the night ??WTF anyway i took my foot of the gas just incase.

Next Moment my dimms hit this car standing i'd guess about 30M away accross the road - the car had broken down - had no lights or hazards.
If that's not bad enough the driver of the car was standing outside with his wife still inside!!

The Shit was about to go down.....

By this time i was throwing anchors when i saw this cat outside his car, i had to take evasive action but it was to late..
I crashed into that car prop at around 100Km/h. The 1st thing when i realized i could move was where's that dude ? killing someone even if it aint youre fault would be a shit way to start of the day. :(

As it turns out the guy was OK and his wife who he left in the car was OK 2 - we were very lucky.
My car on the another is a total write off, how i got out of that was by the grace of god alone.

After arranging a tow truck and towing my car back home. i managed to arrange another car and drive through to see metallica. Thankfull i was alive with nothing more than a sore neck and knee.

it was well worth the wait though to see metallica they destroyed...
It was the greatest show that night and metallica were awesome.
Hope they come back soon.

Here's the setlist it was an awesome night.

Creeping Death
Fuel
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
St. Anger
King Nothing
I Disappear
Wherever I May Roam
Fade to Black
Battery
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Seek and Destroy

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Glad everything worked out and you saw the show. Especially glad that you or the other people wern't injured seriously

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Holy crap! Glad to hear everyone is alright!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

WOW

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

well mine pales in comparison to that....i guess the craziest for me was standing in 20 degree weather on 7th street in Philly for about hours to see Audioslave. not so crazy, i know.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member

DUDE. LOL. Its only respective to reply due to my Name. Hense. lol.
Anyways, Congrats on the talli concert, and props for stayin alive. lol.

Peace.
MetallicaMan

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote